Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Metal / Rock band with clean, charismatic, epic vocal? (examples attached)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   moeeom123

moeeom123

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hey I'm really into metal/rock music, but I only like bands which have nice tunes and are energic/melodic, and have a vocalist with an epic clean or charismatic voice. And these are really hard to find:/ (youtube links) For exapmle clean voice : Devin Townsend, Simen Hestnæs, Anneke charismatic voice : Peter Steele , Andreas Bergh Apart from these, I also like bands like : Gathering, Sabaton, Inflames, Soilwork, Rammstein , Die Apokalyptichsen Reiter, Muse, Superbutt So if anyone knows any band which is similar to these and have nice vocals, please share, because I couldn't find any more! thanx

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   RodC

RodC

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 02:45 AM

I've had these in heavy rotation for some time now...Try a few of these on for size: Adrenaline Mob Suspyre Pain of Salvation Butterfly Effect Dream Theater Avenged Sevenfold I find that I am almost always the most critical of the vocals. IMHO, these bands excel both melodically as was as vocally. No doubt others will add to this list, and I know I will be paying attention to pick up a few more favorites, myself Enjoy!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 25 2013 - 03:01 AM

It's a crying shame how many great metal bands are ruined by a vocalist whose main inspiration was Cookie Monster. You might check out The Dream, the second album by In This Moment. Maria Brink actually sings most of it (their other albums lean more toward "screamo" vocals). You might also enjoy Coheed & Cambria. Today I Caught the Plague is another good one. You can hear their EP on Spotify, but their full album is available as a stream on their website (http://www.todayicau...bsite/index.php).
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 817 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted June 24 2013 - 12:43 PM

Kamelot and Iced Earth immediately spring to mind...

• Rhett_Y likes this
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 25 2013 - 08:33 AM

Today I Caught the Plague changed their name to The Kindred. They don't seem to have a new website up yet, but they are on Facebook.

They're playing a show in NYC in a few weeks. Sigh. . .

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users