Sound Issues - no sound from TV in Sound Bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   neonandu

neonandu

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 01:48 PM

Don't know if this is the right forum, but thought I'd give it a shot. Just bought and set up my first sound bar. Here are the components: Vizio e601i-a3 LED SMART TV Samsung HW-E450C Sony PS3 One HDMI cable connects the PS3 and to HDMI IN of Sound Bar, and another cable connects the HDMI OUT of sound bar to HDMI IN of TV. I am able to see and hear stuff on PS3 without any problems. However, the TV's sound is not coming through the sound bar; I am only hearing it through the TV's speakers. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 24 2013 - 02:12 PM

Turn on ARC. And if ARC doesn't work cause the CEC between Vizio and Samsung is wonky... http://www.ebay.com/...=item3ccdf3c502

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   BrennanOSD

BrennanOSD

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 08:25 AM

One HDMI cable connects the PS3 and to HDMI IN of Sound Bar, and another cable connects the HDMI OUT of sound bar to HDMI IN of TV.

You have the HDTV going HDMI to the soundbar? Have you tried just using an RCA out from the TV to the audio input of the soundbar? - Brennan, OSD Audio

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 25 2013 - 08:33 AM

You have the HDTV going HDMI to the soundbar? Have you tried just using an RCA out from the TV to the audio input of the soundbar? - Brennan, OSD Audio

So...why pray tell, use RCA over toslink? To the OP, let us know what ends up working. If you use a toslink you can use the analog on the soundbar for an Ipod/Phone...if you would ever choose...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   neonandu

neonandu

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 11:53 AM

Turning on ARC worked.. Although it took a lot of time to figure out how to turn on ARC feature..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users