Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: National Lampoon's Vacation and Vegas Vacation (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,265 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 09:07 AM

THE GRISWOLDS ARE BACK FOR THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FILM THAT LAUNCHED THE “VACATION” FRANCHISE                      

IT’S A BLU-RAY™ ‘VACAY DAY’ WHEN

“NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION”

AND

“VEGAS VACATION”

ARRIVE MAY 21 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

Burbank, Calif., January 22, 2013 – On May 21, Warner Home Video celebrates the 30th anniversary of National Lampoon’s Vacation, the uproarious comedy that launched the unforgettable “Vacation” franchise. National Lampoon's Vacation became a significant box-office hit when it debuted in 1983, and today, the comedy classic continues to be a favorite among movie critics and fans alike, enjoying a 94 percent “fresh” rating on rottentomatoes.com*. The 30th anniversary edition of National Lampoon's Vacation on Blu-ray Disc™ will include the A&E special, “Inside Story: National Lampoon's Vacation,” as well as an introduction by Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid and Matty Simmons, and commentary by Harold Ramis, Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron and Matty Simmons. Also on May 21, Vegas Vacation, the hilarious fourth film in the franchise, will debut on Blu-ray for the very first time. National Lampoon’s Vacation and Vegas Vacation will each have an SRP of $19.98 Orders for both are due April 16.

About National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)

Everything is planned, packed – and about to go hilariously wrong. The Griswolds are going on vacation. In the driver’s seat is Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase), an Everyman eager to share the open road and the wonders of family togetherness. Myriad mishaps, crude kin (Randy Quaid), encounters with a temptress (Christie Brinkley), financial woes, Aunt Edna (Imogene Coca) on the roof, one security guard (John Candy) and 2,460 miles later, it’s a wonder the Griswolds are together. There’s never been a family vacation like it. Except maybe yours. And that helps explain why “National Lampoon’s Vacation” remains so popular…and so very funny.

Special Features:

·  A&E Special: “Inside Story: National Lampoon's Vacation”

·  Introduction by Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid and Matty Simmons

·  Commentary by Harold Ramis, Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron and Matty Simmons

·  Theatrical Trailer

About Vegas Vacation (1997)

The Griswold family hits the road again for a typically ill-fated vacation, this time to the glitzy mecca of slots and showgirls, Las Vegas. Starring Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold, Beverly D'Angelo as Ellen Griswold, Marisol Nichols as Audrey Griswold, Ethan Embry as Russell "Rusty" Griswold, and Randy Quaid as Cousin Eddie.

Special Features:

·  Theatrical trailer

Order Info:

National Lampoon’s Vacation

Street Date: May 21, 2013

Order Due Date: April 16, 2013

Mat #: 1000367938

UPC # :883929299034

SRP $19.98

Feature Running Time: 97 minutes

Rated: R

Vegas Vacation

Street Date: May 21, 2013

Order Due Date: April 16, 2013

Mat #:1000367937

UPC # : 883929299027

SRP $19.98

Feature Running Time: 93 minutes

Rated: PG

Note: All enhanced content mentioned in this press release is subject to change.

About Warner Home Video

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 HarleyDog

HarleyDog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'll be the first to say it - that cover for the original Vacation is the pits.

#3 of 7 Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted January 24 2013 - 10:05 AM

Agreed. The original cover on Vacation wasn't very good, but it seems they found a way to make it even worse. What I want to know is if these are new transfers. I assume the first Vacation is just a reissue of the 2010 release with new extras.

#4 of 7 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted January 24 2013 - 10:12 AM

I wish all of the original music was included.

#5 of 7 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted January 24 2013 - 10:12 AM

I wish all of the original music was included.

#6 of 7 Will*B

Will*B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted January 24 2013 - 11:44 AM

I know this is probably a minority opinion to say the least, but I absolutely love Vegas Vacation. It's not quite as good as the original, but I think it's better than Christmas and light-years ahead of European.

I've been to The Mirage in Las Vegas several times over the years, and always think about this movie while I'm there. For me, it's part of a loose 90's 'Vegas Trilogy' - Showgirls, Vegas Vacation & Austin Powers. They take me back to the good old days, and remind me of my first trip to Vegas in '97.

Looking forward to the BD, although it's a shame they couldn't dig up some special features.

#7 of 7 Jeff F.

Jeff F.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 12:01 PM

I hope the original "Vacation" is a new transfer. The BD released a few years ago was horrible. One of the worst cases of picture shimmering I've ever seen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users