Photo
- - - - -

After almost 4 years time, Family Ties is returning to DVD with a Season 6 release in April and they could or might finish up this show in the summertime.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 rmw650

rmw650

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 01:49 PM

http://www.tvshowson...-Season-6/17994 Both cover art and details are included in this post but at least they're slowly trickling in this year...First Night Court and now Family Ties.

#2 of 16 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 23 2013 - 02:08 PM

I saw that on Facebook earlier. It seems that 2013 may just be the year for fans of classic TV!!!! :rock: :dance: :banana: :tu:

#3 of 16 Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 02:13 PM

Come on, CBS! Where's Happy Days: Season 5, Laverne & Shirley: Season 6, and Mork and Mindy: Season 4 (final season)???
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#4 of 16 lj01

lj01

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 03:41 AM

What would be fantastic, in my thinking, would be if this whole process wasn't so shrouded in mystery. And, while I guess transparency is too much to ask for, I don't understand sometimes what the purpose is. Now, I guess I understand that the less information these companies make available, the less they have to deal with the general public haranguing them for even more information, and I guess it's possible they just do it to avoid the backlash of possibly saying "hey, we're thinking about releasing the next season of 'Family Ties' within the next year" and then pulling it back, but you know, maybe they could still be somewhat vague about their plans (and provide many disclaimers that "until it's on the release schedule, it's just in the works...") while still providing SOME info?

#5 of 16 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 04:18 AM

Mork and Mindy: Season 4 (final season)???

It will never happen because of Robin Williams singing a line from the Beatles' Hey Jude in the finale.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#6 of 16 Ron1973

Ron1973

• PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 24 2013 - 04:22 AM

What would be fantastic, in my thinking, would be if this whole process wasn't so shrouded in mystery. And, while I guess transparency is too much to ask for, I don't understand sometimes what the purpose is. Now, I guess I understand that the less information these companies make available, the less they have to deal with the general public haranguing them for even more information, and I guess it's possible they just do it to avoid the backlash of possibly saying "hey, we're thinking about releasing the next season of 'Family Ties' within the next year" and then pulling it back, but you know, maybe they could still be somewhat vague about their plans (and provide many disclaimers that "until it's on the release schedule, it's just in the works...") while still providing SOME info?

They did something similar year before last on their FB page (which I somehow managed to be blocked from posting....probably my repeated reminders of all of their stalled series and how they messed up My Three Sons :cool: ). Right before the start of '12, they came on there and said they were looking at all of these different shows and even told me they hoped to release S4 of The Beverly Hillbillies and more Laverne and Shirley. Then nothing!:confused:

#7 of 16 Kasey

Kasey

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 05:39 AM

I think because alot of their vintage big sellers have been completed (The Lucy Show, Mannix, Vega$, etc.) CBS is now digging deeper into their vaults, which is a good thing. We may even see more Petticoat Junction at this rate since S2 came out in July 2009.

#8 of 16 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 06:45 AM

I think because alot of their big vintage sellers have been completed (The Lucy Show, Mannix, Vega$, etc.) CBS is now digging deeper into their vaults, which is a good thing. We may even see more Petticoat Junction at this rate since S2 came out in July 2009.

Hopefully that means we will get more Petticoat Junction, Beverley Hillbillies and My Three Sons.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#9 of 16 rmw650

rmw650

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 10:23 AM

It will never happen because of Robin Williams singing a line from the Beatles' Hey Jude in the finale.

I know there are completists out there that want it to be released, but CBS HE could release it, IF they decided to alter that Beatles line in the finale and then it finally would get released. This is something similar to when Odd Couple Season 5 got released as they never included the song in the finale of Oscar's signing....Singin in the Rain...that was cut from the DVD set but not when it aired on television. Just something similar in scope.

#10 of 16 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 10:40 AM

The joke wouldn't make sense it was cut or dubbed over.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#11 of 16 Dave Lawrence

Dave Lawrence

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'll be interested to see how Season 7 is handled. There's one episode where Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" is playing in the background during a flashback sequence that takes place when the parents were in college. Then, another episode has Meredith Baxter singing the Beatles' "In My Life," which is then reused later in the season during the clip show episode. Either some majoring editing will be done or it'll be another 4 years before the final season is released.

#12 of 16 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 02:34 PM

And despite what some of the naysayers might say, we have a right to be concerned about how CBS treats many of their TV Shows on DVD.

#13 of 16 Ron1973

Ron1973

• PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 24 2013 - 05:29 PM

And despite what some of the naysayers might say, we have a right to be concerned about how CBS treats many of their TV Shows on DVD.

Well said! They throw us a bone and give us a season or two of a show and then NOTHING! The Beverly Hillbillies, Barnaby Jones, Petticoat Junction, Phil Silvers, Happy Days and the list goes on.................. :confused:

#14 of 16 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted January 25 2013 - 02:03 AM

This is excellent news. Let's hope season 7 comes out in short order and includes the uncut finale (the Netflix streaming version is heavily edited; I taped it off NBC when it aired, and it ran over an hour with commercials).

#15 of 16 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 04:56 AM

Christ, I had no idea this was already out. Nobody's talking about it so I figured it wasn't due out yet but in my excitement I put an order in for a copy for express delivery from Amazon. Just need one more season to complete the collection.

#16 of 16 JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'll be interested to see how Season 7 is handled. There's one episode where Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" is playing in the background during a flashback sequence that takes place when the parents were in college. Then, another episode has Meredith Baxter singing the Beatles' "In My Life," which is then reused later in the season during the clip show episode. Either some majoring editing will be done or it'll be another 4 years before the final season is released.

Yes, seeing as Beatles songs are nigh impossible to license, I'd say we'll at least see the latter gone.  Same thing with the "Yesterday" montage on the last Milwaukee Laverne and Shirley.  (which would be a big blow, as I loved that scene) 

This.  Even when they come out with something there's always a catch (music, new closing logos...)

CBS = Constantly Butchering Shows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users