Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Peter Pan: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 of 50 OFFLINE   bujaki

bujaki

Supporting Actor

• 890 posts
  • LocationRichardson, TX

Posted February 05 2013 - 11:10 AM

Michael's onesie is no longer pink because pink is no longer a PC color for boys to wear. This is said absolutely tongue in cheek.

#42 of 50 ONLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted February 05 2013 - 12:11 PM

Michael's onesie is no longer pink because pink is no longer a PC color for boys to wear. This is said absolutely tongue in cheek.

Imagine the uproar if they had changed the color from pink to blue in the actual movie!

#43 of 50 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thank you, Escapay...I'm picking up a copy as we speak :)

#44 of 50 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,384 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 05 2013 - 01:30 PM

Watched it tonight. Absolutely magical. I noticed things I've never picked up on before.

#45 of 50 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 01:41 PM

Imagine the uproar if they had changed the color from pink to blue in the actual movie!

It's blue on the front color and pink on the back. Sigh. Merriweather and Flora are at it again!

#46 of 50 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,394 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'm not sure if it's even news, but the blu has trailers for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the Muppet Movie coming on blu this Spring...

#47 of 50 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,388 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 05 2013 - 03:46 PM

For what it's worth, I agree with the decision not to animate the faces and to keep them exactly as is.  It's a little oddity which is fun to point out and notice...and it's historically accurate.

I had to watch PP tonight and was looking for this and missed it the first time. Than I selected the scene via the song menu and saw it. Wendy's empty face was the most noticeable. For the blu-ray on my 55" led its no big deal. I have to wonder how noticeable it was on the big screen. Of course, the child I was back then, didn't see it. This is still a wonderful movie. I had forgotten what a little bi...er...brat Tinker Bell was. :)
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#48 of 50 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,851 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 05 2013 - 05:00 PM

Interesting Disney keeps WHAT MAKES THE RED MAN RED in Peter Pan, but is scared to release Song of The South.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#49 of 50 OFFLINE   John Weller

John Weller

Stunt Coordinator

• 175 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 06:42 PM

Interesting Disney keeps WHAT MAKES THE RED MAN RED in Peter Pan, but is scared to release Song of The South.

I think the Song Of The South was down to a specific legal threat in the 80s?

#50 of 50 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,841 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted February 06 2013 - 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I had to watch PP tonight and was looking for this and missed it the first time. Than I selected the scene via the song menu and saw it. Wendy's empty face was the most noticeable. For the blu-ray on my 55" led its no big deal.

I have to wonder how noticeable it was on the big screen. Of course, the child I was back then, didn't see it.

I'm going to try to see how noticeable it is on a 42 inch TV tonight.  Of course, I know exactly where it is and will be watching, but chances are I'm going to glance right past it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users