What's new

Beyonce non-story... (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I don't think people/press are talking about it because the music was prerecorded, they are talking about it because she lip synced her vocal performance. If she hadn't, she would have denied it by now. If she would have just admitted the lip syncing, it would have been a non-issue. The situation made all the worse because Kelly Clarkson, others, did sing live. But to answer your question, "Does anybody care?", I am going to go with "yes" given how much coverage it is getting. -Keith

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
When I first read about it, yesterday evening, I was truly, uhm... amazed. What a lot of fuss. She sang, it was her voice, wasn't it? A non-issue indeed, to me. Even if it's true. I remember the story about Nancy Sinatra who was so nervous when she had to record "You Only Live Twice" (for, guess which movie) that she was unable to get it right at first several times (inside the studio!). Beyoncé had not been given a chance to sing it with the band even once. She probably lost her nerve at the last moment. So be it. What a really beautiful and impressive rendition of you guy's National Anthem, by the way! Cees

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My only concern about everyone focusing on Beyonce is that it's taking our eyes off the real issues in this country like that college football player who lied about having a dead girlfriend. We really gotta prioritize, people. :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The "entire non-story" came out today. Some news channels audio was fed into the "tv broadcast feed". The "main channels" that didn't need to borrow somebody elses feed were in the main board. The "main board" WAS her. The "TV broadcast track" was the "band pre-recording".

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yep, it was the band that was pre-recorded, but her performance was completely live, and several networks aired it live. http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2013/01/beyonce_lip_syncing_at_the_inauguration_musician_mike_doughty_says_she_was.html

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I think lipsyncing, autotune and other tweaks like that are terrible with "live" performances. It's usually pretty easy to tell when they're lipsyncing because everything sounds exactly like the studio creations. I'd much rather see and hear the person do things for real. Notes and timing may be slightly off, maybe a mistaken lyric, breathing may be different, but at least you're hearing the real thing. The studio work, where everything is cleaned up, pieces of different takes are combined, etc. I don't mind. But live should be live, regardless of the tiny flaws there may be. Very few people can sing 100% perfectly everytime, the tiny errors or differences you hear let you know it's real. Beyonce didn't do it, but watch how many groups have backup singers. Many of them are there to cover for the star singer, especially sopranos, if they need a little boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks