What's new

Dobie Gillis Coming from Shout Factory (1 Viewer)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Best news yet .... http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/shout-factory-releasing-many-loves-dobie-gillis-fridays-dvd-exclusive-74141

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I noticed some problems with the first link I posted. Try this one if the first doesn't work ... http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/shout-factory-releasing-many-loves-dobie-gillis-fridays-dvd-exclusive-74141

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Holy crap, a pig just flew past my window while Bigfoot and Elvis were peeking in! Sign me up, I've loved this show since discovering the reruns as a kid on CBN.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
[font="Helvetica; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px"]"Shout! Factory is currently in pre-production on a DVD box set of the complete series and expects it to hit stores later this year. The company secured both physical media rights and all digital rights."[/font]
I must be dreaming.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I had read Shulman's Estate was holding thing up - they must have offered them a deal they could live with. SHOUT! Willing to spend the money that FOX wasn't :)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Count me in for this one! I never saw it a whole lot since we didn't have cable or satellite but I remember seeing at my grandmother's house on CBN since she had cable. :cool:

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Between this news and the announcement that the lost Three Stooges short "Hello, Pop" has been found it's been a good day! Now this just leaves the 1966 Batman...

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Statskeeper said:
Between this news and the announcement that the lost Three Stooges short "Hello, Pop" has been found it's been a good day! Now this just leaves the 1966 Batman...
2013 is certainly shaping up to be an interesting year for fans of classic TV!!!!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I almost bought this, quite accidentally, via bootleg on eBay a few years ago. It was the standard "this entered the public domain on such and such date" disclaimer and I was under the impression it was all good. For some reason I held off on the auction and then found out later it wasn't public domain. I'm so glad this is coming out officially!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Wow - this comes from right out of the blue. After everything I had read, it seemed so unlikely to ever get a release. Very good news!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
So, will Shout manage to do this right or will we get the usual first season syndicated episodes?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
So, will Shout manage to do this right or will we get the usual first season syndicated episodes?

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Terrific news! And by coming out immediately (hopefully, as the story suggests) with a complete series box set is the right way of doing it... For those who are just interested in trying a season or two, they can offer single seasons after the initial release, ala Time-Life and Get Smart. I also concur with Neil and hope that they and the property holders will have done due diligence to ensure the TMLODG has a proper release. And thanks to Dwayne Hickman for helping push this along! I'd love to see him, Tuesday, Warren and others get their dues (and possibly chance to contribute to some extras!)! Hurray!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
shoeshineboy said:
Terrific news! And by coming out immediately (hopefully, as the story suggests) with a complete series box set is the right way of doing it... For those who are just interested in trying a season or two, they can offer single seasons after the initial release, ala Time-Life and Get Smart. I also concur with Neil and hope that they and the property holders will have done due diligence to ensure the TMLODG has a proper release. And thanks to Dwayne Hickman for helping push this along! I'd love to see him, Tuesday, Warren and others get their dues (and possibly chance to contribute to some extras!)! Hurray!
It's just a shame this wasn't done years earlier where that Bob Denver could have been a part of any extras. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks