What's new

Hyperkin officially releases the AK Striker for the PlayStation Move (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Hyperkin officially releases the AK Striker for the PlayStation Move
Hyperkin’s AK Striker Brings New Depth to the PlayStation Move Shooter Experience

EL MONTE, CA (JANUARY 2013) – Hyperkin maximizes the shooter experience on the PlayStation 3 with the official release of the AK Striker, a PlayStation Move controller attachment designed to replicate an AK-47. With many games now being Move compatible, the AK Striker capitalizes on this demand by providing gamers the ability to play shooting games with a more realistic feel that they otherwise would not have. The AK Striker features a retractable rear stock, a collapsible navigation controller cradle, the full complement of face buttons on a standard PS3 DualShock controller conveniently placed on the gun handle, and a firing mode selector. Players can wield the AK Striker like a full rifle with the shoulder attachment on, or like a submachine gun with the shoulder attachment removed. The AK Striker is designed to work with Playstation Move games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, House of the Dead 4, and the upcoming Dust 514 and Bioshock: Infinite. “We have taken every suggestion very seriously on the design of the AK Striker and made the necessary changes to better fit the needs of PS3 gamers,” said Steven Mar, Hyperkin’s Executive Director. “As it stands, the AK Striker now provides the most authentic and realistic PlayStation Move experience out on the market.” Product Features
Retractable and removable shoulder stock. Fully functional housing for both the PS Move and Navigation controllers. 3 firing modes (Single Shot, Burst, and Automatic). Face Buttons on the gun handle. Attachable Shoulder Strap
[/list] The AK Striker is currently available in the market with a suggested MSRP of $34.99, and can be found on Amazon as well as several other retail outlets. About Hyperkin Since its launch in 2009, Hyperkin quickly has become a widely recognized and trusted brand of video game peripherals. Hyperkin is constantly developing new product ideas, emerging technologies and finding innovative ways to enhance the video game experience. Hyperkin believes that the most important asset is its business partners and is dedicated to developing lasting relationships with each client. The company’s office is located in El Monte, CA. For more information, please visit: www.hyperkin.com or call (877) 337-1238.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cool. It probably suffers from the same issue as the Sharpshooter, though -- when you're playing a game, it gets heavy very quickly! That just adds to the realism, I suppose. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have PS Move and the PS Sharpshooter, but even I would think that releasing a PS Move peripheral this late in the game is kind of silly.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Don't forget the Wonderbook! ;) I got my son a Wonderbook for Hanukkah, and it's pretty neat. Sadly, I doubt there will be many (if any) games for it beyond the one packed in with it. I wonder if the existing Move gear will be compatible with the PS4, or the PS4 gear will be compatible with Move accessories. Then it might make more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks