-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for best wall mounts for Pioneer SP-BS22-LR

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 gmc8104

gmc8104

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 21 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hello All, Just purchased 2 Pioneer SP-BS22-LR's for my surrounds. I'm looking for recommendations on the best method to mount them on the wall. I wouldn't be opposed to a ceiling mount either. The speaker weighs a shade over 9 lbs. My room requires that these speakers need to be directional i.e. the mount needs to have tilt and swivel capability. I looked at this ... http://www.crutchfie...&crv=6541109185 ... but the side clamping has me a bit nervous since my speakers will have to be pointed downwards. Wouldn't a front to back clamp be better ? Since these speakers are "bookshelf", I haven't seen anything on the back of them that looks like a mount point (maybe I missed it). Anyone have any experience mounting this speaker or have a recommendation in general for a wall mounting kit? Thanks, Grant.

#2 of 3 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted January 21 2013 - 10:14 AM

I checked into these speakers also, but decided against them because they are rear ported(the large vent hole on rear), and not meant to be wall mounted. From what I've read, you need at least a few inches between rear of speaker and wall.

#3 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,383 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 21 2013 - 10:29 AM

Unless you want to drill holes in yor speakers... You could also get a velcro "wrap" to run around the speaker. I would think a 1" wide wrap would work and not be too visible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users