What's new

Looking for best wall mounts for Pioneer SP-BS22-LR (1 Viewer)

gmc8104

Auditioning
Real Name
Grant McFarlane
Hello All, Just purchased 2 Pioneer SP-BS22-LR's for my surrounds. I'm looking for recommendations on the best method to mount them on the wall. I wouldn't be opposed to a ceiling mount either. The speaker weighs a shade over 9 lbs. My room requires that these speakers need to be directional i.e. the mount needs to have tilt and swivel capability. I looked at this ... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_121AM40B/Pinpoint-AM40.html?tp=586&kw=&org=pla&nw=g&crv=6541109185 ... but the side clamping has me a bit nervous since my speakers will have to be pointed downwards. Wouldn't a front to back clamp be better ? Since these speakers are "bookshelf", I haven't seen anything on the back of them that looks like a mount point (maybe I missed it). Anyone have any experience mounting this speaker or have a recommendation in general for a wall mounting kit? Thanks, Grant.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I checked into these speakers also, but decided against them because they are rear ported(the large vent hole on rear), and not meant to be wall mounted. From what I've read, you need at least a few inches between rear of speaker and wall.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Unless you want to drill holes in yor speakers... You could also get a velcro "wrap" to run around the speaker. I would think a 1" wide wrap would work and not be too visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks