Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing 14 yr old TV with either HDTV Samsung LCD or Panasonic Plasma -NHT & B&W speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 htbobhdtv

htbobhdtv

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 21 2013 - 07:24 AM

We presently have an old TV with a sound system that has a Marantz SRS 5300 receiver, Marantz DV 4300 Progressive Scan DVD player. The speaker system consists of 3 front speaker 2 sides NHT 1.1 and 1 ctr NHT 1.1C. The rear speakers will be out of date 2 HDP 1 surround sounds wall mounted. There also is a NHT SW2P powered subwoofer. The TV video signal source is DISH The new HDTV 46" or 50" will be a Samsung LCD full backlit with internet conductivity to stream movies. MY question is can I use my existing front speakers and substitute 2 wonderful old in excellent condition B&W DM 14 3 driver closed box speakers for my 2 NHT HDP 1 rear speakers and balance them all for a Home Theatre? Can I still use the Marantz SRS5300 as it does not have any HDMI inputs ? Can it balance all the speakers? Can the Dish Satellite video and sound signal go directly to the receiver or must I go through extra step of a DISH cable box.? Lastly i suppose I'll also have to replace my DVD player with a BlueRay Universal player? Any assistance would be much appreciated. htbobhdtv

#2 of 2 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,821 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 21 2013 - 08:07 AM

Well, "good news"... The 5300 has a 6channel analog input. You can buy a 6channel BD player(but they aren't cheap). You have digital inputs on the 5300 as well. The only thing "lacking" is HD compatible video switching... So, with hoops...you can still use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users