Small Entertainment Room

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 js1974

js1974

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'm looking for some help building an Audio System or purchasing a HTiB for my entertainment room. So this is the room I'm dealing with, It's my office/gaming/tv room etc I don't need an extremely elaborate audio system but I want something so when I'm sitting on the couch watching a Movie the audio sounds good. So in the picture you can see the desk in the corner and the TV between the door and the desk. My 42 Inch TV is on an arm so the TV just pulls out and I turn it towards the seating which is located directly between the 2 doors. South door leads outside and North door leads into the house. Because this room is an extension of the main house the entry way between the room where the TV is and the couch has a lowered ceiling like so. So the main audio focus is the long south wall and short north wall. Now my first issue is there is no wall behind the TV when I'm watching it. This is giving me all sorts of fits trying to decide what to go with that will give the entire room quality sound and more importantly how to get them mounted to do so. Here are the options I have laid out to see what might be best. 1. Sound Bar - I have considered a sound bar mounted above where the TV would be as being a solid option but not sure how the sound would be. 2. 5.1 Using rear wireless speakers along the east wall in each corner. 3. 2.1 or 3.1 position above and to the left and right of the entry way. Things that interest me on this setup, I do a lot of online gaming I would like to have a receiver or amp with multiple inputs so I can connect my TV, Xbox, PS3 and Computers to it. Computer - Toslink Cable box - Toslink, Component or RCA I've considered a number of HTIB setups but there are so many of them and researching for quality can be practically impossible. I'm not looking at spending a ton of money. I would like to keep the cost low as this is a project room I don't have a budget drawn up for it yet. So there you have it I've been browsing different sound options for a while and I just can't come to a decision as to what will sound good in this room. Anyone that has any suggestions or recommendations I'm all ears and would love to hear them. Thank you for your assistance and if you have any questions ( toilet jokes not allowed ) feel free to ask.

#2 of 4 TheGary

TheGary

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted January 20 2013 - 07:14 PM

No way to put the TV on the far east wall? That would make things much easier.

#3 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,125 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 21 2013 - 10:48 AM

Why not on the west wall in front of the single seat?

#4 of 4 NickSI

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 11:45 AM

I know it isn't really pertinent to the HT setup but why is there a toilet and shower in the same room as a desk? Is this some sort of efficiency?
Ciao

(if there is a $200 reciever or integrated amp in your basement collecting dust or even in your living room collecting dust lemme know ill take it off your hands)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users