Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ Cabaret -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 of 102 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,387 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 09:23 AM

I agree. I watched it a couple of nights ago after not seeing it for a decade because I couldn't stand that droopy non-anamorphic DVD, and it was such an improvement in my memory from the old to the new that I was ecstatic. I thought the Kit Kat Club scenes were especially vibrant.

Yes, I was pretty much done with that old dvd. This one blows it away! And I felt the film had more overall dramatic impact, properly presented here, as it is. 5 Stars, folks! 5 Stars!

#102 of 102 OFFLINE   telzall

telzall

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted August 27 2013 - 12:00 PM

A production of Allied Artists, which turned out to be the little engine that could, Bob Fosse's Cabaret shines, four decades later, as a brilliant gem in the cinema firmament.

I've always loved this film, which absolutely stands the test of time.  One point that has always remained with me, as one of the most chilling to be ever be put on film, comes an hour twenty in, with what appears to be a potentially innocent ballad, begun a cappella, by a lone young man.  This grows as the camera pulls back, with others joining in, to show the emerging power of the Hitler youth movement.

RAH

"Cinema firmament".  Are you paraphrasing Lena Lamont in "Singin' in The Rain"?

I, too, find that scene at the outside beer garden most chilling!

Thank you for your guidance and insights of blu-ray releases.  "Most illuminating."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users