Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Epson 5020 problem help!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 arjunsud

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator

• 53 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi I just got a brand new Epson 5020. It was working fine for a few days but i was watching Tron 3D today and it randomly just shut off? I disconnected it for 30 minutes and still nothing . Checked the power connection and its connected properly. Projector wont turn on and no lights. During the movie aprox 1hr and 30 mins in it just turned off? Please Help!

#2 of 6 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted January 17 2013 - 07:18 PM

I would call Epson ASAP!! It sounds like a defective unit.

#3 of 6 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,827 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 17 2013 - 11:14 PM

As long as you bought it authorized, you have a warranty.

#4 of 6 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,790 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:57 AM

That sort of thing is not unheard of, in fact it happened to me, too.  The first Mitsubishi projector I got died after about 30 minutes of use.  I had purchased the projector through projectorpeople.com and got in touch with them immediately.  They sent a replacement unit right away and a shipping label for me to return the defective unit direct to Mitsubishi.

The process was easy and pain-free and I have not had any problems with the second unit in nearly 6 years of use (I'm on my second bulb).

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#5 of 6 arjunsud

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator

• 53 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 06:00 AM

Thank you guys !!! I really appreciate the help!! It turned on after about an hour actually . I suspect that it overheated? I'm going to give it 1 more go to see if it happens again and if so , off to epson it shall go!

#6 of 6 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,316 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted January 20 2013 - 02:07 PM

dont worry about it. (as long as you are under warranty). I sell a TON of Epson projectors and they give best in class customer service.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users