What's new

Spartacus: War of the Damned (1 Viewer)

ryan-w

Agent
This one starts up tomorrow.....I can't wait to see what they have in store for sadly, the last season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm glad thought that from the beginning of last season they had this as a plan. Because it means that they had plenty of time to think about how to wrap this thing out. Great series all the way through for me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Loved everything involving Crassus. Loved the start of the season, some great action, some good battles and some good acting work here. This show is always a romp, this should be a great final season

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Crassus is going to be an interesting adversary and different from Glaber and others from previous seasons.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Had to laugh at the cut from some straight loving to some not-so-straight loving. The producers are just playing with their viewers emotions. :)

ryan-w

Agent
LOL, the "not-so-straight" loving is still a little hard to watch at times but so spot on for the time period. I love how they cut it right in, seemlessly. It was a great first episode, I love how they're portraying Crassus too. He was always thought of as the after-thought of the first Triumverate. Always having to do something to get noticed and everyone was always so jealous of his money. Hence, his terrible decision to invade Parthia which ultimately cost him his life. But, he was definitely a very good military man, not great but good. Caesar and Pompey outshined him there for sure. But, I do love how they have him portrayed thus far. I can't wait to see Caesar either. Overall, it's fabulous as usual....Hate that it's the last season.

ryan-w

Agent
Not really sure what to think of the little twist they did with Caesar and Tiberius and being the #2 man to Crassus. I wonder what Crassus has up his sleeve. Overall, good episode though. Loved the new city they introduced and the power struggles that exist there. Moving along nicely.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I liked that the guts and gore were early and then saved for the end. It was nice not to have it a constant presence throughout the hour.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If you ever need a show that truly presses the bounds, Spartacus delivers. Great fight scenes last night as youth and inexperience tried to take on spartacus and failed. The side deal with the pirates may provide them food and goods to get them through the winter, but will it come back to bite Spartacus? Loved the hide out under the barn.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The show has been EPIC from the get go this season. You can tell this time it's no holds barred. This episode had a better battle scene on the shoreline than anything Games of Thrones has done, including Blackwater. Just amazing, amazing brutal stuff going down. Can't wait till Spartacus meets Caesar.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
This show has become a favourite of mine. It knows exactly what it wants to be, makes no apologies for it, and delivers on all fronts. Most other shows could honestly learn a few lessons from Spartacus.

ryan-w

Agent
I couldn't agree more, this show does exactly what it's intending to do and also telling a very good story as well. Some historical inaccuracies but it's just great to watch.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I read that the ratings have been down this season. I wonder why? You'd think with this being the last season, folks would want to see a story they've been interested in for years come to a conclusion.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Jeebus they are holding nothing back this season. This was a brutal ride tonight. For everyone who has felt like Walking Dead pacing was slow, Spartacus moved like lightening tonight with major, major revelations and entire dynamic changes. The last 20 minutes were insane!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the shifting tide of allegiances in this episode, plus the son growing up, albeit at the expense of any shred of innocence from a blood-free upbringing to this point.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yes indeed the parallel of shifting allegiances within both parties was nicely done.

ryan-w

Agent
I love the idea they've used to portray the split between Crixus and Spartacus. Absolutely genious to have the greatest military leader ever infiltrate and plant a cancerous tumor (albeit, it looks like it was Crassus's idea though) that will cause the split between the 2 main leaders of the rebellion and ultimately their demise.....I have to agree with mattCR, the last 20 minutes was FABULOUS. I can't tell you how friggin hot I find Saxa to be, PHEW!! Not only is she hot as heck, but she kicks some ass too. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For a second, I thought Dannicus was dead, relieved to see him back from the unconscious soon his row with Crixus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks