What's new

Denon BDP 1611ud woth it? (1 Viewer)

ashiq73

Auditioning
Real Name
Jay
Hello All I have been wanting to get a Universal Bluray Player and I saw the Denon BDP 1611ud at my local Bestbuy for $198 brand new on clearance. You guys think that is a good unit and decent price? Any info would be appeciated, thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Everything "else" that does what it does is $400+ (last I checked). But it gets away with it by "essentially" being HDMI only. I'm tempted to buy one when they reach $150 in the used market to pair with an Onkyo SR707 so I can(eventually) play SACD/DVD-A... Tempted to buy an Oppo 780 next time I see one @ $100. But yeah...HDMI SACD/DVD-A, that Marantz is around $200 less than everything else.

Audio5

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Just bought this new for $100 it is a good machine. Did the updates first. I have read a lot on this. I have no issues that people were reporting. My only gripe is I find the picture just a touch on the soft side. But the player has options that can fix that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks