What's new

vinyl help? (1 Viewer)

UKben

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben dot
Basically im only 16 so i have no knowledge on vinyls and i want to buy a set up. I only want to use it to play tunes im not interested in mixing, the music i want to play is trance, jungle, hip hop and house. My room is 11ft x 10ft, i dont know hom much i need to spend, but i will not be able to spend more than £500. I really know hardly anything but my guess is that i need a turntable, amp and speakers? I want some big, loud speakers as i have a lot of m8s round my house and we share a love for loud, thumping beats :D Can you give me some tips on what to buy and possibly even a list of what to buy ( make, model ect.). Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The basics you'll need is a turntable, amp, speakers, and possibly a pre-amp for your amp as not all amps have a phono input anymore for the turntable. I have a Rega RP2 which has been replaced by an upgraded RP1 (I think) for the turntable and love it. It's a very simple turntable, no fuss, sounds great right out of the box. Not suitable for DJing at all. They are about $400 cdn, which is what I paid. Rega make a pre-amp as well if you need one, which according to a friend sounds great. As far as the amp and speakers, I added an unused Nakamichi amp of my dads with unused Boston Acousitics speakers and it sounds fantastic. Very natural sounding regardless of being a folk record or a electronic. I can't comment on what would be best for bass thumping though.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Here's the other thread where the bulk of this conversation has been: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/326916/need-help-with-vinyl-setup-please-help#post_4026123

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks