Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

need help with vinyl setup please?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 UKben

UKben

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 11:03 AM

Im pretty young so i missed out on when vinyls were a big thing so i know nothing. What do i need? My guess is a turntable, amp and speakers... am i right? Can someone list me a good, cheap setup? Im willing to spend.. i dont know maybe £300? I have a lot of friends round mine and i have a free house most of the time so i really want some big speakers to give me a loud but clear sound. Is my budget unrealistic? Im willing to spend a bit more to get some bigger speakers. I dont have any interest in mixing i just wanna listen to tunes. The size of my room is 11ft x 11ft. Bare in mind your speaking to someone who has little experiance in sound systems. Just ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records . Thanks

#2 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,055 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 16 2013 - 02:28 PM

I have no idea what £300 ($480.27 at today's exchange rate) will buy you. But it won't get you a good setup over here. Depending on your definition of good, it may not buy you a set of cables over here. I did hear a great vinyl setup once but the total cost was over $250,000. That was 2 speakers, 2 amps and 1 record player.

ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records

Rinse? Explain your goals so that someone over the age of 20 can understand.

#3 of 5 UKben

UKben

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:09 PM

Spin

#4 of 5 UKben

UKben

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:10 PM

Also not even second hand?

#5 of 5 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,450 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:34 PM

Here's the other thread where the bulk of this conversation has been: http://www.hometheat...lp#post_4026123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users