-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

need help with vinyl setup please?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 UKben

UKben

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 11:03 AM

Im pretty young so i missed out on when vinyls were a big thing so i know nothing. What do i need? My guess is a turntable, amp and speakers... am i right? Can someone list me a good, cheap setup? Im willing to spend.. i dont know maybe £300? I have a lot of friends round mine and i have a free house most of the time so i really want some big speakers to give me a loud but clear sound. Is my budget unrealistic? Im willing to spend a bit more to get some bigger speakers. I dont have any interest in mixing i just wanna listen to tunes. The size of my room is 11ft x 11ft. Bare in mind your speaking to someone who has little experiance in sound systems. Just ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records . Thanks

#2 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,118 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 16 2013 - 02:28 PM

I have no idea what £300 ($480.27 at today's exchange rate) will buy you. But it won't get you a good setup over here. Depending on your definition of good, it may not buy you a set of cables over here. I did hear a great vinyl setup once but the total cost was over $250,000. That was 2 speakers, 2 amps and 1 record player.

ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records

Rinse? Explain your goals so that someone over the age of 20 can understand.

#3 of 5 UKben

UKben

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:09 PM

Spin

#4 of 5 UKben

UKben

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:10 PM

Also not even second hand?

#5 of 5 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,466 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:34 PM

Here's the other thread where the bulk of this conversation has been: http://www.hometheat...lp#post_4026123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users