-

Photo
- - - - -

FINALLY...Some new Looney Tunes cartoons as the Super Stars series continues...See Link below...out on 4/23/2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 of 29 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 09:58 AM

http://www.classicfl...0894288e6163b77 Brand new title according to the article with 17 of the 18 shorts being brand new in scope so looking forward to getting this. Your thoughts? UPDATED with new information below.

#2 of 29 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 10:57 AM

http://www.classicflix.com/sylvester-hippety-hopper-looney-tunes-super-stars-april-a-1379.html?osCsid=6b2677a4c58ad0fb30894288e6163b77 Your thoughts?

List of toons: HOP, LOOK & LISTEN HIPPETY HOPPER - only repeat on this set - this can be found on the LT GC V6, part of bonus cartoon mix POP 'IM POP! WHO'S KITTEN WHO? HOPPY-GO-LUCKY CATS AWEIGH! BELL HOPPY LIGHTHOUSE MOUSE TOO HOP TO HANDLE SLAP-HOPPY MOUSE MOUSE-TAKEN IDENTITY - As one of the fellow posters mentioned, this can be found on the Looney Tunes Mouse Chronicles DVD HOPPY DAZE FREUDY CAT CAT'S PAW FISH AND SLIPS BIRDS OF A FATHER CLAWS IN THE LEASE GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS - As another poster mentioned, this can be found on the LT Golden Collection Volume 5 set Taken from: http://www.tvshowson...4#ixzz2IBXCKaUE Please feel free to update this listing with newer information. This way, we all know what will truly be new and repeated in this new set of cartoons.

#3 of 29 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 11:08 AM

"Mouse-Taken Identity" was recently released in the Mouse Chronicles LT set this past fall as an extra. It should be noted that this Super Stars set (Marsupial Mayhem) features all of the cartoons that feature Sylvester Jr. .
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#4 of 29 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hippety Hopper and Mouse-taken Identity were both unrestored as bonus cartoons, so their presentation will be superior on this new release. The only "true" double-dip is Goldimouse and the Three Cats, which was on the fairy tale disc of Volume 5.

#5 of 29 OFFLINE   notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 11:44 AM

Just as the posts are wrong and tvshowsondvd is wrong Looney Tunes Super Stars' Sylvester & Hippety Hopper: Marsupial Mayhem Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus cartoon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 - restored so 1 is an upgraded/double dip AND 2 are full double dips - warner should just drop the 2 full double dips and add 2 more sylvesters thy never released before - but that would take brains and the people at WB do not have any

#6 of 29 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just as the posts are wrong and tvshowsondvd is wrong Looney Tunes Super Stars' Sylvester & Hippety Hopper: Marsupial Mayhem Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus cartoon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 - restored so 1 is an upgraded/double dip AND 2 are full double dips - warner should just drop the 2 full double dips and add 2 more sylvesters thy never released before - but that would take brains and the people at WB do not have any

Thanks for the updates then as I wasn't aware there were other duplicates on the set, but wanted to pinpoint at least what i found to be dups and such and that this was coming out in a few months time. I tried my best, but glad you found others that were dupes. Wishing WB would also get their facts straight with these Looney Tunes sets.

#7 of 29 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 01:34 PM

I don't consider unrestored bonus cartoons to be repeats, because they weren't restored.

#8 of 29 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 01:47 PM

Exactly. They're unrestored extras, not double dips.

#9 of 29 OFFLINE   notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:31 PM

I don't consider unrestored bonus cartoons to be repeats, because they weren't restored.

LEARN TO READ - ONLY Hippety Hopper was unrestored before this release - the other 2 are already available on other collections in the same restored condition, meaning there is 2 full double dips Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus cartoon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 - restored

#10 of 29 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:39 PM

LEARN TO READ - ONLY Hippety Hopper was unrestored before this release - the other 2 are already available on other collections in the same restored condition, meaning there is 2 full double dips Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus cartoon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 - restored

why don't you LEARN TO READ. None of the bonus cartoons on Mouse Chronicles were restored. NONE.

#11 of 29 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:41 PM

I second this.
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#12 of 29 OFFLINE   notquite

notquite

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:18 PM

why don't you LEARN TO READ. None of the bonus cartoons on Mouse Chronicles were restored. NONE.

the ones I listed were restored - go troll elsewhere

#13 of 29 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:22 PM

the ones I listed were restored - go troll elsewhere

And what proof do you have. On Mouse Chronicles, Mouse-Taken Identity is an aged TV print. I can provide screenshots.

#14 of 29 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,511 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'll let the disagreement continue...but only with civility. 

The name-calling and baiting will end.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#15 of 29 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,168 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:52 PM

Cartoons is serious business.
facebook.com/whotony

#16 of 29 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 07:17 PM

So we have so-called adults here fighting about cartoons? Classy. I guess no one here is actually happy about this great release? You're all too busy griping about it - as usual.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#17 of 29 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 07:40 PM

Based on what I can tell, the following Sylvester shorts are still awaiting remastering and re-release: By Word of Mouse Catch As Cats Can Cats & Bruises Doggone Cats Dr. Jerkyl's Hide Little Red Rodent Hood Mexican Cat Dance Mouse Divided Mouse Mazurka Peck Up Your Troubles Road to Andalay Stooge for a Mouse Taste of Catnip
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#18 of 29 OFFLINE   Kevin L McCorry

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 01:41 AM

By my reckoning, these are the Sylvester cartoons awaiting release. "Stooge For a Mouse" "A Mouse Divided" "Tree For Two" "Dr. Jerkyl's Hide" "A Kiddie's Kitty" "Pappy's Puppy" "D' Fightin' Ones" "Peck Up Your Troubles" "Doggone Cats" "Catch as Cats Can" "Mouse Mazurka" Some Sylvester & Tweety and Sylvester & Speedy could round out such a release. For instance: "Hyde and Go Tweet" "Trick or Tweet" "Tom Tom Tomcat" "Mexican Cat Dance" "Cats and Bruises" But somehow, I think we're not going to get another Sylvester disc, nor another Sylvester and Tweety one. We might get a Yosemite Sam one, and that'll be all.

#19 of 29 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,928 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 17 2013 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by David Rain 

I guess no one here is actually happy about this great release? You're all too busy griping about it - as usual.

I'm only unhappy that this series is running in tandem with the Platinum Sets. If they are restored, why are they not coming out on Bluray too like the Mouse Chronicles set? If it's cost, are people going to tell me that the Mouse Chronicle set featuring cartoons no one other then Loony fans care about is a better draw for retail than Sylvester?

#20 of 29 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 08:42 AM

I've always viewed the Superstars line as a continuation of the Golden Collections (minus the extras). Not counting the Tweety & Sylvester disc, they are essentially one-disc GCs (with possibly one or two double-dip titles). The Spotlights were merely lower-priced versions of the GCs, with two out of the four discs (usually the more popular/well-known characters/titles). I personally viewed the Platinums as a re-boot of the series, using the same 'best of' ideology as the GCs, which is why there are so many double-dips. I thought it was aimed at people who wanted to upgrade their existing collection (although the mix of double dip AND new confused that issue). As for the DVD versions of the Platinums, they are a weird hybrid. I haven't checked Vol2, but I know Vol1 was not a true copy - it was only the first two of the three discs. And considering most of the new content was on the third disc, I don't know who it was aimed at. David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users