What's new

Sylvester and Hippety Hopper - Looney Tunes Super Stars (1 Viewer)

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
From Classic Flix:
Warner Bros. has announced an April 23rd release date for Sylvester & Hippety Hopper (Looney Tunes Super Stars). The single disc release will feature all 13 Sylvester/Hippety shorts plus five bonus Sylvester cartoons. 17 of the 18 are new-to-DVD.

sylvester_hoppity.jpg
SHORTS:
Hop, Look an Listen
Hippety Hopper
Pop ‘im Pop!
Who's Kitten Who?
Hoppy-Go-Lucky
Cats Aweigh!
Bell Hoppy
Lighthouse Mouse
Too Hop to Handle
Slap-Hoppy Mouse
Mouse-Taken Identity
Hoppy Daze
Freudy Cat
Cat's Paw
Fish and Slips
Birds of a Father
Claws in the Lease
Goldimouse and the Three Cats

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm in, but these releases just confuse the collectors who are also buying the Platinum Collections. oof!

notquite

Auditioning
Real Name
feathers
Looney Tunes Super Stars' Sylvester & Hippety Hopper: Marsupial Mayhem Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus caroon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 so 1 double dipped upgrade and 2 full double dips so 17 of 18 int new, it is pathetic WB lies on press releases

notquite

Auditioning
Real Name
feathers
rmw650 said:
This thread is fully explained and detailed out with the latest and most-updated information in the TV on DVD section of this site as well.
LEARN TO READ - ONLY Hippety Hopper was unrestored before this release - the other 2 are already available on other collections in the same restored condition, meaning there is 2 full double dips Mouse-Taken Identity is on chuck jones mouse chronicles Hippety Hopper is a bonus cartoon on golden collection 6 disc 1 GOLDIMOUSE AND THE THREE CATS is on golden collection 5 disc 2 - restored

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Notquite:
Let's cut this "learn to read" line from your vocabulary on the Home Theater Forum. Our desire for civility is represented in HTF Rule #10:
10. No personal attacks. We expect all members to treat each other with consideration and respect. While we encourage lively debate, we do not allow personal attacks. This includes direct attacks, such as name-calling, as well as indirect attacks, such as repeated baiting of a member in a provocative or belittling manner. If you believe that you have been subjected to a personal attack, or have witnessed one on another member, please see the section on Dealing with Problems for instructions on how to proceed.
Welcome to the HTF. We are always glad to have new people join the discussions. But it would serve you well to get acquainted with the place and our rules (also, please, check out Rule #1) before you go calling out our other members.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
My concern is that this set will be like the Pepe Le Peu set: 17 cartoons with one joke (its a giant mouse). Can anyone who knows these cartoons better than I confirm this?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Hippety Hopper isn't in all of the cartoons, about roughly 10 of them. The rest feature just Sylvester and Sylvester Jr.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Russell G said:
I'm in, but these releases just confuse the collectors who are also buying the Platinum Collections. oof!
I agree with this. IF WHV is crying the blues about how DVD's don't sell. Why are most of the cartoons they restore going there exclusively?

notquite

Auditioning
Real Name
feathers
rmw650 said:
And again, three of the 18 cartoons are repeats/double dips, but WB is representing them as being brand new and never on DVD before and that's just a bit deceptive at their end. This isn't the first time they have done this with regard to the Superstars collections. They need to do some research first before they post their introductory comments on these releases, but at least they have the time to rectify all this.
It is MORE than deceptive, it is FRAUD on WB'S part

notquite

Auditioning
Real Name
feathers
Kevin Martinez said:
I agree with this. IF WHV is crying the blues about how DVD's don't sell. Why are most of the cartoons they restore going there exclusively?
Because WB us run by buffoons who really do not care nor do they know how to run things properly.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Kevin Martinez said:
Because both DVD and Blu-ray buyers can buy DVD, and WHV can probably best have it both ways with collectors and general consumers (as it seems they want to regardless of series) with a single release on DVD only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.