I'm Dickens, He's Fenster Volume 2

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's been a while since the release of I'm Dickens, He's Fenster Volume 1. It might be interesting to know when Volume 2 will be on sale.

#2 of 14 maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted June 19 2013 - 12:47 PM

Well, I guess interest for the release of Volume 2 isn't really high, Volume 1 came 14 months ago. Maybe someone from the company that released Volume 1 might give us some details

#3 of 14 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 09:39 AM

With Leonard Stern's passing, I wouldn't think that there would be any driving force trying to push any further release.

#4 of 14 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,517 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 11:09 AM

With Leonard Stern's passing, I wouldn't think that there would be any driving force trying to push any further release.

No offspring who might wanna, "do it for dad"?

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#5 of 14 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,082 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 10:54 PM

No offspring who might wanna, "do it for dad"?

In my experience with performers' heirs, they only want to do it if its going to fatten their wallet. Otherwise, they couldn't care less. Unlike the people who created the shows, the relatives have zero interest in the artistic worth.

#6 of 14 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,579 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted June 21 2013 - 08:42 AM

In my experience with performers' heirs, they only want to do it if its going to fatten their wallet. Otherwise, they couldn't care less. Unlike the people who created the shows, the relatives have zero interest in the artistic worth.

There *are* exceptions.  A couple are: Mary Owen, daughter of Donna Reed, with The Donna Reed Show S4 & S5 releases and Sam Nelson, son of Ricky Nelson, with his current project getting The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriett released.  From everything I've read about those two projects the heirs are wanting to keep their parent's legacy alive.  But outside of those two I have to agree.  Most seem to block access to materials by interested third parties unless their, typically inflated, perceived value of the product is met.

From the general lack of communication from the producers during production and release of the first half of the season I doubt we'll hear anything at all.  Their home page *still* shows the current release as "pre order" status.  I still don't understand why they just didn't release the entier season in one set rather than breaking it up into half season sets.  Considering the sole release has been at "fire sale" prices at Amazon since Christmas Day 2012 it makes one wonder if they're dumping inventory because it just didn't sell as well as expected.  If that's the case we'll never see the 2nd half of the series.  I *did* send a "where is V2?" message via their website but don't expect a response since I never received any type of replies while S1 was in production.

#7 of 14 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts

Posted June 22 2013 - 06:31 AM

There *are* exceptions.  A couple are: Mary Owen, daughter of Donna Reed, with The Donna Reed Show S4 & S5 releases and Sam Nelson, son of Ricky Nelson, with his current project getting The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriett released.  From everything I've read about those two projects the heirs are wanting to keep their parent's legacy alive.  But outside of those two I have to agree.

What about the Arnazes?

#8 of 14 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,579 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted June 22 2013 - 01:04 PM

What about the Arnazes?

Absolutely!  I sometimes forget how much Lucie and Desi, Jr. work to keep their parent's legacy alive.  I believe the iconic nature of that work helps to hide that they are in the background pushing.

#9 of 14 Jay*W

Jay*W

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 03:58 PM

Really hope the rest of this comes out.

#10 of 14 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,517 posts

Posted June 27 2013 - 12:07 AM

This is why I hate splitting seasons.

#11 of 14 borisfw

borisfw

Supporting Actor

• 834 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 12:41 PM

I was a little concerned when they released a half season to start . I did enjoy the show . It was funnier than I remembered . I really hope they release the second half of the show .

#12 of 14 maskedmala

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 01:55 PM

Here's an update on "I'm Dickens, he's Fenster" Volume 2 with a reply (July 30) from their Facebook page:
ME: Well I guess we can safely say there won't be a volume 2. Too bad because that was a funny show but we won't have the last laugh
THEM: No, this is NOT the case, Maurice! Keep the faith, Vol 2 is in the works. We will be announcing plans soon.

#13 of 14 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 925 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 06:21 PM

So it looks like it might be coming soon.

#14 of 14 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,517 posts

Posted August 17 2013 - 04:51 AM

We shall see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users