What's new

1960s: What Titles Did You Vote For? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[SIZE= 20px]What Movies do you Want Released on Blu-ray? The Choice is Yours![/SIZE]
We are pleased to be working with Fox on an exciting promotion allowing members of HTF and other consumers the ability to vote for the film they want to see released on Blu-ray from each of the following decades: the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. Fox will release the winning title from each decade on Blu-ray later this year as part of the Fox Studio Classics Blu-ray line.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

Fox Classics recently released below:

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
"Can-Can" Frank Sinatra/Cole Porter, with Isolated score (like the DVD) Shot in Todd-AO and recently undergone some restoration - should look pretty good on Blu since it was a large format color film

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Bedazzled. It was hard to choose from that categorie. Hopefully, Two For the Road, How To Steal a Million, Bedazzled, The Agony and the Ecstasy, Bandolero! will all get Blu-ray release at some point.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Larry-Bender
Still no BLUE MAX.
Larry there is a "write in box" at the bottom of each decade page. Keep in mind I'm not sure how ready (elements in good shape, etc) any write in releases would be...

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I voted for The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Oscar winner for Maggie Smith.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
As a John Wayne fan I put in for North to Alaska. This will be a tough decade. As Noach mentioned there are so many great films that deserve a Blu-ray release!

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
As much as I know I should vote for Bedazzled, The Agony & the Ecstasy is MADE for Blu-ray. Didn't think Fox would bury it so far in their vintage catalog, since they're so free about upgrading Cleopatra all the time as symbolic representative of Big 60's Fox Roadshow-Engagement Epic. Watching the silly 70's Charlton Heston, and the goofy NRA one in the 80's, you forgot just how darn good he was in the 60's.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
darkrock17 said:
Hello Dolly
While I'm all for wishlist discussions, can we please, please, PLEASE stop with the write-in dream-team posts? That was Monday, this is Tuesday, and now we have a democratic process of an actual list of studio-sanctioned nominees with hopefully beneficial results. Please choose from what the rest of us registered voters are choosing, or save it for another thread. I didn't walk into the Obama/Romney election last November and say "I voted for Doctor Who!" :P

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
Adam, any idea why great movies such as The Flight of the Phoenix, Leave Her To Heaven, Where Sidewalk Ends, Nightmare Alley were excluded from the list? Does that mean Fox are already working on a Blu-ray edition of those or? Thx in advance, and sorry for going offtopic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks