What's new

Polk In Wall Centers? (1 Viewer)

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
Hi All, I have recently moved and am looking into setting up an in-wall center channel. I'll be mounting my Sony XBR 52" onto my wall this weekend. I'd like to do the Center at the same time. I am currently using MONITOR 30 with CS1 center. I want to get the center in wall - right below the television. I will upgrade my fronts later on, but wondering which way to go. I can only find two Polk centers - The 255c-RT http://www.polkaudio.com/products/255crt and http://www.polkaudio.com/products/255cls The LS is more expensive, and I don't want to spend that much on fronts to match. That leaves only the 255c-RT... Am I missing something? Is there something else I can do?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You "could" just buy pairs of in-wall speakers. When it comes to in-wall...the fact a speaker is called "center" is just a ploy to make you spend more money on "one" speaker...instead of two. Sure...you'll eventually have a "spare" speaker....but with in-wall...that is a good thing(in case something ever happens to one of them)

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
I see. So I can just get the front two (left/right) and a 3rd for the 'center'?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Not unless they will sell you just one. Sam is saying to buy 2 pairs of fronts, then keep the 4th as a spare.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
erew99 said:
I see. So I can pretty much use any in-wall speaker as the center.
Yep, just buy 4 "front" speakers and keep one incase one of the other three ever develops a problem. That is if you are buying speakers only sold in "pairs".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks