Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony STR-DH520 - Bose Acoustimass 7 compatability...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 rynegold

rynegold

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 04:41 AM

I have an old Bose Acoustimass 7 system (three "paired" speakers and one sub woofer) and can't seem to get it to work with my new Sony STR-DH520 reciever no matter how I wire it. The 3 paired speakers are coming in to the sub-woofer, then up to the reciever but I can't get any sound of this set up! What am I doing wrong? Will pics of my wiring help with an answer?, or is this an obsolete system to use with this reciever? Any help appreciated.... regards, mitch

#2 of 4 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,797 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 13 2013 - 06:57 AM

IT isn't a "subwoofer", it is a bass module. Your front three speaker wires all run to the bass module...then run to the cubes. Is that not how you did it?

#3 of 4 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,127 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 07:04 AM

You probably have to run setup (pg 30); otherwise it possible all speakers are off. And because the Bose uses a bass module wired in with the speakers, as mentioned above, select the configuration "3/0".

#4 of 4 rynegold

rynegold

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 01:37 AM

Ok... I've gone to page 30 and followed the instructions as best I can understand. I've pushed the "amp menu" button and, the word "speaker" comes on. when I push the center button again, the word "pattern" comes up but it is dimmed. then only the down button does anything and it's first selection is "frt size" and it just gets more confusing as I go down the list. Only the "L" and "R" speaker icons are lit; no center icon but it's connected. I can see no way to select 3/0 that I can find. I have NO sound from my speakers as I write. None from tuner, tv nothing. When I first connected it, I had some sound but now none. I give up. Anyone who thinks they can help, I'm off today and home this morn and, since typing and running back to the other room is usless, could use a phone call from someone who thinks they know whats up. mycellisnine3six5threeseven0five28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users