What's new

Sony STR-DH520 - Bose Acoustimass 7 compatability... (1 Viewer)

rynegold

Grip
Real Name
mitch wilkins
I have an old Bose Acoustimass 7 system (three "paired" speakers and one sub woofer) and can't seem to get it to work with my new Sony STR-DH520 reciever no matter how I wire it. The 3 paired speakers are coming in to the sub-woofer, then up to the reciever but I can't get any sound of this set up! What am I doing wrong? Will pics of my wiring help with an answer?, or is this an obsolete system to use with this reciever? Any help appreciated.... regards, mitch

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
IT isn't a "subwoofer", it is a bass module. Your front three speaker wires all run to the bass module...then run to the cubes. Is that not how you did it?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
You probably have to run setup (pg 30); otherwise it possible all speakers are off. And because the Bose uses a bass module wired in with the speakers, as mentioned above, select the configuration "3/0".

rynegold

Grip
Real Name
mitch wilkins
Ok... I've gone to page 30 and followed the instructions as best I can understand. I've pushed the "amp menu" button and, the word "speaker" comes on. when I push the center button again, the word "pattern" comes up but it is dimmed. then only the down button does anything and it's first selection is "frt size" and it just gets more confusing as I go down the list. Only the "L" and "R" speaker icons are lit; no center icon but it's connected. I can see no way to select 3/0 that I can find. I have NO sound from my speakers as I write. None from tuner, tv nothing. When I first connected it, I had some sound but now none. I give up. Anyone who thinks they can help, I'm off today and home this morn and, since typing and running back to the other room is usless, could use a phone call from someone who thinks they know whats up. mycellisnine3six5threeseven0five28

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks