Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 1-15-2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 of 56 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:11 AM

No because you essentially already paid for it. They may allow you to pick it up and return then rebuy it.
facebook.com/whotony

#42 of 56 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,874 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:17 AM

Don't think they'll let you do U&S w/ in-store pickup. They generally do not allow any coupon use for in-store pickup unless you can apply the coupon during online checkout. However, if you really want, I guess you can do the regular pickup and then just return it and try to rebuy it using U&S. But, AFAIK, you can only do in-store pickup if the store already has the title in stock, so unless you can't go to the store very soon and want to make sure you'll get what you want, that's probably not the best way to go anyway. _Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#43 of 56 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

When I was a kid we had one of those wired cable remotes that looked like an old time address book.  You would slide the control back and forth over the different channels.

But we had mostly rabbit ears to get the three local stations in the Albany, NY market.

Oh.  My.  Gawd.  !!  My grandparents had the same thing, Mike, and I LOVED moving the channel selector back and forth from one end to the other very very quickly!  It caused the TV to snow up and to get basically one picture every few seconds.

Look how far we've come in a short amount of time!!

#44 of 56 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:45 AM

I remember seeing one of those at my great grandparents house when I was a very young child. *cough*
facebook.com/whotony

#45 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 15 2013 - 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by TonyD 

I remember seeing one of those at my great grandparents house when I was a very young child.

*cough*

Yeah...I already took the hit when Jason wrote his post.  You did NOT need to swoop in for the kill.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#46 of 56 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 15 2013 - 03:05 AM

I took a look at the coupon and it does specifiy that the coupon can only be used on in-stock items. That being said, you might find a cashier or manager who is cool with the return and repurchase using the coupon.

Going to get Criterion Man Who Knew for $20 on Tuesday with the U&S...

That's what I did this morning.

#47 of 56 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 15 2013 - 06:44 AM

Oh, yeah, I haven't gotten any coupons from Best Buy in over a year. Didn't even notice until Mike brought it up!
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#48 of 56 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted January 15 2013 - 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Yeah...I already took the hit when Jason wrote his post.  You did NOT need to swoop in for the kill.

I should have included all the great memories I have of that "remote control."  My grandparents had HBO and I was with them almost every weekend and during the summer.  Lots of movies I scanned with that thing shaped the man I am today.  Things like Jaws 3, Krull, Carrie Fisher and the munchkins...ya know, classic 80s stuff.

#49 of 56 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 15 2013 - 02:17 PM

When I was a kid we had one of those wired cable remotes that looked like an old time address book.  You would slide the control back and forth over the different channels. http://www.hometheat.../1000/flags/LL But we had mostly rabbit ears to get the three local stations in the Albany, NY market. 

The sad thing is that's exactly what I was talking about. I didnt have once of those until I finished college. I remember somewhere after grad school there was now a wireless remote version of that box where you could see the channel numbers and you could really surf channels sitting on the couch-- go round and round watching channels 5 seconds at a time until your future significant other tries to strangle you "Just pick a channel and watch it. I don;t care what, just stop on something"

#50 of 56 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,612 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 15 2013 - 02:35 PM

Got the review for Taken 2 put up this evening. It can be found here.

#51 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 15 2013 - 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by MattH. 

Got the review for Taken 2 put up this evening. It can be found here.

Originally Posted by MattH. 

Thr review for Won't Back Down can be found here.

Hey!  We're having some serious conversation here!  Posted Image

Oh.  And both of those links are now in the OP.  Posted Image

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#52 of 56 OFFLINE   terry deto

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts
  • LocationJackson,MI

Posted January 16 2013 - 01:38 AM

Tooken 2 featuring the incomparable Liam Neesons!! http://www.comedycen...le-liam-neesons

#53 of 56 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 12:08 PM

Just got back from Sam's Club. They had Sleeper, Hannah And Her Sisters, Titanic, Gentlemen's Agreement, How Green Was My Valley all for $9.98. David

#54 of 56 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 17 2013 - 05:42 PM

BB tonight.

Got Taken 2 for $14.99 and the single-disc Blu of Trouble with the Curve for $14.99...and Frankenweenie for $19.99.

My local BB has merged its DVDs and Blu-rays together into genres:  Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Family and TV.  Yuck!

Everything was a mess and out of alphabetical order...meaning it took me forever to be certain that they had no copies of The Man Who Knew Too Much.  Posted Image  Not really a surprise, just annoying.

#55 of 56 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted January 18 2013 - 03:51 PM

Mike, the easiest thing is to use bb.com to see if the store has it in stock. Sometimes they will hold it for you without doing store pickup so you can do the coupon.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#56 of 56 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 04:34 PM

Mike, the easiest thing is to use bb.com to see if the store has it in stock. Sometimes they will hold it for you without doing store pickup so you can do the coupon.

I did that exact thing tonight. Of the five stores within driving distance, four were listed with available inventory (on TMWKTM). I called one of the stores and had them put a copy at the desk. I then turned in a DVD and purchased it. David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users