Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

ONKYO HT-RC430 Receiver with Pioneer SP-FS52 Speakers?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 twoclose

twoclose

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hey guys! I'm new to setting up my own receiver/5.1 surround system. I have always been using a boxed "home theater system" and I want to upgrade. I have recently purchased an ONKYO HT-RC430 Receiver and I want to pair a set of Pioneer SP-FS52 5.1 surround speakers with this receiver. I am wondering is this 8 ohm output receiver will work with these (apparently) 6 ohm speakers? Here are the links to the manuals: ONKYO HT-RC430: http://www.manualowl...0/Manual/316971 Pioneer SP-FS52 http://www.pioneerel...SingleSheet.pdf thank you for any & all assistance!

#2 of 3 gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,676 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 12 2013 - 05:28 PM

6 ohm speakers rarely cause a problem with 8 ohm receivers. Those Pioneers have an SPL, or Effecienct rating, of 85-87 db which is a little low but not that bad. It just means any receiver would have to work just a bit harder to power them. But Onkyo's, even the entry level models, have pretty good amp sections so I wouldn't worry too much about it. They both should work well with each other. The speakers are pretty good for the price but I would skip on the Pioneer subwoofer. You can do a little better. Dayton from PartsExpress, BIC from Amazon or PE.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 twoclose

twoclose

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 03:50 AM

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and took the dive & ordered the Pioneer SP-FS52 as a 5.1 set. The subwoofer came out to almost free since I bought them all bundled together. I'll give it a try & if I don't like it I can always sell it on eBay! Thanks again for your input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users