-

Photo
- - - - -

ONKYO HT-RC430 Receiver with Pioneer SP-FS52 Speakers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   twoclose

twoclose

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hey guys! I'm new to setting up my own receiver/5.1 surround system. I have always been using a boxed "home theater system" and I want to upgrade. I have recently purchased an ONKYO HT-RC430 Receiver and I want to pair a set of Pioneer SP-FS52 5.1 surround speakers with this receiver. I am wondering is this 8 ohm output receiver will work with these (apparently) 6 ohm speakers? Here are the links to the manuals: ONKYO HT-RC430: http://www.manualowl...0/Manual/316971 Pioneer SP-FS52 http://www.pioneerel...SingleSheet.pdf thank you for any & all assistance!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,707 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 12 2013 - 05:28 PM

6 ohm speakers rarely cause a problem with 8 ohm receivers. Those Pioneers have an SPL, or Effecienct rating, of 85-87 db which is a little low but not that bad. It just means any receiver would have to work just a bit harder to power them. But Onkyo's, even the entry level models, have pretty good amp sections so I wouldn't worry too much about it. They both should work well with each other. The speakers are pretty good for the price but I would skip on the Pioneer subwoofer. You can do a little better. Dayton from PartsExpress, BIC from Amazon or PE.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   twoclose

twoclose

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 03:50 AM

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and took the dive & ordered the Pioneer SP-FS52 as a 5.1 set. The subwoofer came out to almost free since I bought them all bundled together. I'll give it a try & if I don't like it I can always sell it on eBay! Thanks again for your input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users