Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Please help me out with an image retention issue.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   tomcar

tomcar

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 11 2013 - 10:58 AM

I have a Panasonic plasma, and I got into a Minecraft marathon. I played for hours and hours. Now a faint image is left on the screen. I want to get rid of it but: 1. There is a rolling bar to get rid of such things but lasts like 8 minutes, so you have to keep restarting it. I need to leave it on like over night I believe for the image to go away. 2. I can not set the TV to a static station. It's a 2012 TV and literally will not stay on anything with static on it. The screen goes black if there is no broadcast. Does anyone have a good solution? I have looked all over the internet and there some sites with images to show, but I am not sure how to put them on a disc. I have a imac and an appletv so I can airplay stuff to my tv, I just need something that will do the trick and lasts for hours...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,467 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 11 2013 - 11:10 AM

Leave it on for 24hrs on a TV station that doesn't have much of an "icon"...as in don't use a news channel or ESPN. You could use a movie and just keep repeating it. I doubt it will need an entire 24hrs.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,648 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted January 11 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hook up your iMac to the TV and enable the screensaver, using "Spectrum" which provides a full screen of shifting colors. I don't think the fact they're pastels will make a difference.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted January 12 2013 - 01:42 AM

Greetings Sometimes if the TV has a slide show capability ... load slides onto an SD card and just have it run the slides for hours as needed. The sleep timer on TVs help here . regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   tomcar

tomcar

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 01:45 AM

I guess the latest version of mountain lion doesn't have the Spectrum screen saver. Too bad, it looks great.

#6 of 6 ONLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,081 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted January 12 2013 - 01:35 PM

I guess the latest version of mountain lion doesn't have the Spectrum screen saver. Too bad, it looks great.

Try this if you ca, there are also other places hosting te qtz file if you search a bit: https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users