-

Photo
- - - - -

Hooking up Seiki Soundbar to Samsung LCD, PLEASE HELP!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   pleddyii

pleddyii

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 03:12 PM

Product Descriptions: -Seiki Sound Bar (sb201c) ANALOG INPUT Analog/Coaxial http://www.seikidigi...201C-detail.php -Samsung 40" Class 530 Series 1080p LCD HDTV (2010 model) Model #: LN40C530F1F http://www.samsung.c.../LN40C530F1FXZA Please assist with step-by-step instructions to connect my Seiki Sound bar to my Samsung LCD. I know the soundbar isn't the best one out but I got it for my bday yesterday and would love to use with with my tv. needing help asap!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,518 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 09 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi, pal, welcome to HTF! On page 9 of your TV's manual, it shows an audio out connector that goes from one plug to two. You need one of those connectors. I can't tell for sure from the illustration, but it looks like a 1/8 inch stereo plug that goes to 2 RCA connectors. Then your sound bar should have stereo inputs (I could not see a picture of them on the web site you provided, but these connectors are usually red and white.) Plug the 2 RCA connectors into the sound bar, and you should be good to go. You just need to find the right cable. Monoprice.com is a good place to look for cables.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,928 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 09 2013 - 04:13 PM

You might need to post a picture of the back of the soundbar. It says "analog/coaxial", which to me...means it has analog and digital coax. No way to know for sure without a picture...or the owners manual. Neither of which is available on the Seiki website. Anyway, if it does have a digital coax, your TV has an optical digital...use this between them... http://www.amazon.co...nk coax adapter Or you can purchase the 1/8th-RCA cable. Which is the same exact cable you'd use to connect your phone/ipod.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   pleddyii

pleddyii

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 06:20 PM

I appriciate all the help guys! I'm currently at the office but the back of the soundbar has the red/white ports & a digital coax port. There is also a seperate mode for either analog(red/white) and coax that you choose when using the soundbar here are the specs Jacks, IN-OUT: Audio Inputs, Total Number: 3 Component Input Sets, Total Number: None Component Output Sets, Total Number: 1 Component Video Input(s): No Component Video Output(s): No Composite Video Inputs, Number: N/A Composite Video Outputs, Number: 0 Digital Audio Input: No Digital Audio Input Type: None Digital Audio Output: Yes Digital Audio Output Type: Coaxial HDMI Inputs, Num The package included a set of cords that has the red/white analog and the black coax cord. Either way, due to the ports avalible on the tv, I will need some sort of converter right?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,928 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 10 2013 - 02:00 AM

You have three options... 1. Use a 1/8th to RCA cable. Walmart/Target/Kmart/Amazon/Ebay sell millions of them a year. You might already have one. Have you ever connected a "portable" audio device that uses "ear buds" to a stereo. Same cable here. 1/8th has been around since 1870(yes, 1870). RCA was developed in the 1950s. I'd be shocked if you could walk into a dollar store and not find five of this cable. 2. Buy the "optical-coax" adapter and a toslink. The "bar" included a digital coax cable. I linked the adapter in a prior post. 3. Exchange that soundbar for one with a toslink "adding in the $25 you don't have to spend to make this one work". Most people who gift CE understand if you exchange it for a practical reason. "Incompatibility without buying an adapter" is a practical reason. Is exchanging an option?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users