Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Justified - Season 4 (FX)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 of 73 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,127 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 03 2013 - 05:02 AM

Decent finale.  GREAT season.  I'd say right up there with season 2 as possibly the best.  A little surprised we never saw a one-armed Quarles pop up this season.

One question I had was how was it so easy for Raylan to contact Sammie Tonin?  I vaguely remember them having interaction in the past, so I guess it had something to do with that?

Raylen did save his life so yes, they had some interaction.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#62 of 73 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,477 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 10:16 AM

Great season finale, and agree that Raylen had an elegant solution and still got what he wanted all along, Nicky dead without jeopardizing his law enforcement career.  And that Raylen is not above using nefarious elements to get what he wants and knows is just.  A great series that builds upon itself every year.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#63 of 73 Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,065 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted April 03 2013 - 01:36 PM

Raylen did save his life so yes, they had some interaction.

I don't think Raylan saved his life exactly.  Raylan surprised him at a horse stable in order to ask questions about Quarles, and Sammy initially thought he was a dirty cop sent by Quarles to kill him.  Raylan informed him that was not the case while being offended that it was the second time he was assumed to be dirty in one day. 

Later Sammy, at Quarles' insistence, says into a phone he knows is wire tapped that Raylan is in bed with Boyd Crowder.

Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#64 of 73 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,127 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted April 03 2013 - 04:28 PM

I don't think Raylan saved his life exactly.  Raylan surprised him at a horse stable in order to ask questions about Quarles, and Sammy initially thought he was a dirty cop sent by Quarles to kill him.  Raylan informed him that was not the case while being offended that it was the second time he was assumed to be dirty in one day. 

Later Sammy, at Quarles' insistence, says into a phone he knows is wire tapped that Raylan is in bed with Boyd Crowder.

I have to go back, but didn't a hit man try to take him out in the stables too at that time?

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#65 of 73 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,477 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 06:30 AM

I have to go back, but didn't a hit man try to take him out in the stables too at that time?

I'm pretty sure you're right about that.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#66 of 73 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,037 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 20 2013 - 06:20 AM

Elmore Leonard Passes Away at 87

He had a stroke at the end of July, and finally succumbed to the complications.

#67 of 73 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted August 20 2013 - 08:34 AM

R.I.P., Dutch. Dammit, 87 or not, this one really hurts.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#68 of 73 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,037 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 17 2013 - 06:39 PM

I didn't know what "Justified" could do to top the excellent fourth season, but this spoiler would just about do it. From TVLine:

Spoiler

I do hope they avoid borrowing from Riding the Rap and Pronto, though -- any more than they already did for the early seasons. I've still got my fingers crossed that when the show ends they'll make film adaptations of those books written by Graham Yost and featuring Timothy Olyphant as Raylan (and Natalie Zia as Winona, in passing). Given that the Raylan of the books is older than Tim with kids, it makes sense for those stories to be told after the show chronologically.

Edited by Adam Lenhardt, September 17 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#69 of 73 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,037 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 18 2013 - 05:31 PM

You can tell we're getting close to the traditional October start of shooting for "Justified", because the news is starting to pour in.

TVLine: Jere "Wynn Duffy" Burns promoted to series regular

Great news. It's hard to imagine "Justified" these days without Wynn Duffy's reaction shots. He's like this psychopathic audience surrogate whose face is always showing what the audience is feeling.

Now if they'd just announce that Shelley Hennig is going to make a reappearance as Jackie Nevada, we'd be all set.

#70 of 73 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:57 PM

Awesome news, both pieces. Wynn and the Family Crowe. Can't wait for next season. (Is it January yet?)

A bit late in commenting on this, but man -- that is how you do a season-finale. Can someone send some notes to The Walking Dead? Our main character doesn't pull a gun outside the first 15 minutes of the episode, yet you still feel that he is a threat. I would let Tim Olyphant birth as many children on me as he required.

Next season, it seems pretty likely that we're going to see the wrath of Boyd Crowder.

(Also, between this show and The Following, Natalie Zea is rapidly becoming the most-kidnapped woman on television.)

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#71 of 73 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,037 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 05 2013 - 04:27 PM

Season five will premiere on January 7th with "A Murder Of Crowes". Some tidbits about the new season from Entertainment Weekly:
Spoiler

#72 of 73 Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 279 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted December 19 2013 - 07:31 AM

Can't wait unit the 7th. In a week or so I can get my DVR programmed. Speaking of DVR, earlier this week I was doing some catch up on The Mindy Project on Fox. Did anyone else see the episode where Timothy Olyphant played a 45 year old skate board dude that dated Mindy? I almost didn't recognize him. I am so used to him on this show and the only thing I recognized was his voice, everything else about him was changed. Very talented actor, both comedy and drama.

#73 of 73 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts

Posted January 07 2014 - 07:49 PM

[Woops...wrong thread.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users