What's new

Hello from MD (1 Viewer)

cbaywolf

Grip
Real Name
Derick Wolf
I'm basically a newbie to home theater- I've just purchased a relatively cheaper A/V receiver (Sony STR-DN1030) for under $400- I'm not overly concerned about amazing sound as much as I am looking forward to use the Bluetooth audio and networking features like the streaming music channels and the handheld app for ease of use- Basically the sound just needs to be decent- but I don't even have it yet (it's on order) and if I don't like it, i may still return it. I'm also in the middle of putting up a bunch of in-wall speakers for the 7.2 surround sound (and having fun with the wiring)- but I just ran into my first issue which I will post in the speaker forum :) I've put in (4) 6.5 inch kevlar in-wall speakers, but have a little issue with my center channel speaker location... I still need to put in the rear speakers as well.

cbaywolf

Grip
Real Name
Derick Wolf
I forgot to mention- I'm also looking to use my "2nd zone" feature to be able to get audio to 3 other sets of speakers that I'm going to also put in the walls of my other rooms. I'll need some sort of amp and speaker selector to be able to manage the sound in the other rooms.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Welcome to the forum, Derick! The Maryland contingent continues to grow... there are several of us "regulars" that are around the Baltimore area... one of these days we need to arrange a meetup! Good luck with your project. Doing the work yourself is half the fun!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Greetings from one more denizen of the People's Republic of Marylandistan (he said only half jokingly...) That Sony looks pretty decent - the CNET folks gave it 4 out 5 stars which ain't too shabby!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks