Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hello from MD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   cbaywolf

cbaywolf

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm basically a newbie to home theater- I've just purchased a relatively cheaper A/V receiver (Sony STR-DN1030) for under $400- I'm not overly concerned about amazing sound as much as I am looking forward to use the Bluetooth audio and networking features like the streaming music channels and the handheld app for ease of use- Basically the sound just needs to be decent- but I don't even have it yet (it's on order) and if I don't like it, i may still return it. I'm also in the middle of putting up a bunch of in-wall speakers for the 7.2 surround sound (and having fun with the wiring)- but I just ran into my first issue which I will post in the speaker forum :) I've put in (4) 6.5 inch kevlar in-wall speakers, but have a little issue with my center channel speaker location... I still need to put in the rear speakers as well.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   cbaywolf

cbaywolf

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 03:09 PM

I forgot to mention- I'm also looking to use my "2nd zone" feature to be able to get audio to 3 other sets of speakers that I'm going to also put in the walls of my other rooms. I'll need some sort of amp and speaker selector to be able to manage the sound in the other rooms.

#3 of 6 ONLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,951 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 04 2013 - 12:51 AM

Welcome to the forum, Derick!

The Maryland contingent continues to grow... there are several of us "regulars" that are around the Baltimore area... one of these days we need to arrange a meetup!

Good luck with your project.  Doing the work yourself is half the fun!

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,868 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted January 04 2013 - 02:31 AM

Welcome! MD represent!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 05:01 AM

Greetings from one more denizen of the People's Republic of Marylandistan (he said only half jokingly...)

That Sony looks pretty decent - the CNET folks gave it 4 out 5 stars which ain't too shabby!

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   cbaywolf

cbaywolf

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 03:59 AM

Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users