• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Pooch

Pooch

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hi Folks, My name's Pooch, and I have joined HTF having decided to leave another well-known home theatre forum behind, after 12 long years. The atmosphere there, was no longer one I wished to be a part of, due to its extremely clique-like nature. :( As such, here I am: a new year, and a new member on a new site. :) I'm 35 years old, and like in the UK. I also run a blog, on extreme cinema, though I won't mention anything more about that, just yet, as I don't want to breach any of the HTF regulations in my first post. My interests and specialties are in horror and extreme cinema, anime and world cinema, and I own an extensive collection of DVD's and Blu-Ray's, which I am immensely proud of. I have a long-standing interest in all aspects of film and TV censorship, so if anyone has any questions on those subjects, I hope I'd be able to proffer an answer. :) I've also done review work for the website "Sex, Gore, Mutants" as well. I only have a fairly basic Home Theatre set-up: a 37-inch Panasonic 16:9 TV, a Panasonic DVD Recorder, and a Multi-Region Blu-Ray and Multi-Region DVD player, plus Sky Digital, as that is all my modest lifestyle can afford me. One thing I don't do, is Social Media. If you're into Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and its ilk, then I'm not the guy for you. Apologies, but I abhor them, and everything they stand for. :( Vacuous wastes of time, for people who should know better! Oh, and I also detest Reality TV and the whole culture of "Celebrity-ness"! If I want reality, I simply look out of my window, and there's a whole world of real people to care for, insteads of the non-entity Celebs that take-up space on our TV screens these days. For now, though, I simply look forward to getting to know more of you very soon. :tu: Pooch P.S. I do tend to use smilies quite a lot. I hope that's ok. I'll try not to overuse them.

#2 of 5 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Advanced Member

• 2,697 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 03 2013 - 01:35 AM

Welcome, Jon!  No worries on the excessive smileys... we all have our idiosyncrasies... mine are ellipses. Posted Image

See you around the forum!

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 5 Pooch

Pooch

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hi Jason, Thanks for the welcome. As you'll see, I've already made about four posts - all decent, sensible legitimate ones. No junk, I promise. ;) Pooch

#4 of 5 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,810 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:57 AM

I love elipses.... and smilies! =) And I over use bangs!!!!!! Welcome to HTF

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#5 of 5 baton

baton

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi Folks, My name's Pooch, and I have joined HTF having decided to leave another well-known home theatre forum behind, after 12 long years. The atmosphere there, was no longer one I wished to be a part of, due to its extremely clique-like nature. :( As such, here I am: a new year, and a new member on a new site. :) I'm 35 years old, and like in the UK. I also run a blog, on extreme cinema, though I won't mention anything more about that, just yet, as I don't want to breach any of the HTF regulations in my first post. My interests and specialties are in horror and extreme cinema, anime and world cinema, and I own an extensive collection of DVD's and Blu-Ray's, which I am immensely proud of. I have a long-standing interest in all aspects of film and TV censorship, so if anyone has any questions on those subjects, I hope I'd be able to proffer an answer. :) I've also done review work for the website "Sex, Gore, Mutants" as well. I only have a fairly basic Home Theatre set-up: a 37-inch Panasonic 16:9 TV, a Panasonic DVD Recorder, and a Multi-Region Blu-Ray and Multi-Region DVD player, plus Sky Digital, as that is all my modest lifestyle can afford me. One thing I don't do, is Social Media. If you're into Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and its ilk, then I'm not the guy for you. Apologies, but I abhor them, and everything they stand for. :( Vacuous wastes of time, for people who should know better! Oh, and I also detest Reality TV and the whole culture of "Celebrity-ness"! If I want reality, I simply look out of my window, and there's a whole world of real people to care for, insteads of the non-entity Celebs that take-up space on our TV screens these days. For now, though, I simply look forward to getting to know more of you very soon. :tu: Pooch P.S. I do tend to use smilies quite a lot. I hope that's ok. I'll try not to overuse them.

PARTY!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!! Champagne being opened!! God help you HTF! GOD HELP YOU!!!!!!! So, so sorry. First we send you Piers Morgan, now Pooch! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users