What's new

Newbie from the UK! (1 Viewer)

Pooch

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Hi Folks, My name's Pooch, and I have joined HTF having decided to leave another well-known home theatre forum behind, after 12 long years. The atmosphere there, was no longer one I wished to be a part of, due to its extremely clique-like nature. :( As such, here I am: a new year, and a new member on a new site. :) I'm 35 years old, and like in the UK. I also run a blog, on extreme cinema, though I won't mention anything more about that, just yet, as I don't want to breach any of the HTF regulations in my first post. My interests and specialties are in horror and extreme cinema, anime and world cinema, and I own an extensive collection of DVD's and Blu-Ray's, which I am immensely proud of. I have a long-standing interest in all aspects of film and TV censorship, so if anyone has any questions on those subjects, I hope I'd be able to proffer an answer. :) I've also done review work for the website "Sex, Gore, Mutants" as well. I only have a fairly basic Home Theatre set-up: a 37-inch Panasonic 16:9 TV, a Panasonic DVD Recorder, and a Multi-Region Blu-Ray and Multi-Region DVD player, plus Sky Digital, as that is all my modest lifestyle can afford me. One thing I don't do, is Social Media. If you're into Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and its ilk, then I'm not the guy for you. Apologies, but I abhor them, and everything they stand for. :( Vacuous wastes of time, for people who should know better! Oh, and I also detest Reality TV and the whole culture of "Celebrity-ness"! If I want reality, I simply look out of my window, and there's a whole world of real people to care for, insteads of the non-entity Celebs that take-up space on our TV screens these days. For now, though, I simply look forward to getting to know more of you very soon. :tu: Pooch P.S. I do tend to use smilies quite a lot. I hope that's ok. I'll try not to overuse them.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Welcome, Jon! No worries on the excessive smileys... we all have our idiosyncrasies... mine are ellipses.
See you around the forum!

Pooch

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Hi Jason, Thanks for the welcome. As you'll see, I've already made about four posts - all decent, sensible legitimate ones. No junk, I promise. ;) Pooch

baton

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick
Pooch said:
Hi Folks, My name's Pooch, and I have joined HTF having decided to leave another well-known home theatre forum behind, after 12 long years. The atmosphere there, was no longer one I wished to be a part of, due to its extremely clique-like nature. :( As such, here I am: a new year, and a new member on a new site. :) I'm 35 years old, and like in the UK. I also run a blog, on extreme cinema, though I won't mention anything more about that, just yet, as I don't want to breach any of the HTF regulations in my first post. My interests and specialties are in horror and extreme cinema, anime and world cinema, and I own an extensive collection of DVD's and Blu-Ray's, which I am immensely proud of. I have a long-standing interest in all aspects of film and TV censorship, so if anyone has any questions on those subjects, I hope I'd be able to proffer an answer. :) I've also done review work for the website "Sex, Gore, Mutants" as well. I only have a fairly basic Home Theatre set-up: a 37-inch Panasonic 16:9 TV, a Panasonic DVD Recorder, and a Multi-Region Blu-Ray and Multi-Region DVD player, plus Sky Digital, as that is all my modest lifestyle can afford me. One thing I don't do, is Social Media. If you're into Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare and its ilk, then I'm not the guy for you. Apologies, but I abhor them, and everything they stand for. :( Vacuous wastes of time, for people who should know better! Oh, and I also detest Reality TV and the whole culture of "Celebrity-ness"! If I want reality, I simply look out of my window, and there's a whole world of real people to care for, insteads of the non-entity Celebs that take-up space on our TV screens these days. For now, though, I simply look forward to getting to know more of you very soon. :tu: Pooch P.S. I do tend to use smilies quite a lot. I hope that's ok. I'll try not to overuse them.
PARTY!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!! Champagne being opened!! God help you HTF! GOD HELP YOU!!!!!!! So, so sorry. First we send you Piers Morgan, now Pooch! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks