Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Setting up my Direct TV HD reciever resolutions(can't get it to stretch)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 03:47 PM

TV is a Panny 50" 720p DTV Reciever set up is Native - Off, when I have it ON, the sides are cut and it doesn't stretch unless it's on 480 and once I change channel it goes back to cut and I have to manually go back to how it was. That's why I have it off, when it's off I don't have the problem from channel to channel. Screen format - Stretch TV ratio - 16:9 TV Resolution - 480i, 480p, 720p. The resolution light on the reciever says its on 480, the picture is fine, just not sure if I am missing out of picture quality. My HDMI is from my DTV HD reciever to my TV. Not sure if I am maxed out on my picture quality.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,784 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 02 2013 - 03:59 PM

You want... Native : On Screen Format : Original Make sure TV ratio is clicked 16:9 And if you want, uncheck 480i/P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users