Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I can't find how to listen just through my T.V

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   drewman54

drewman54

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 07:29 PM

I have a new receiver which is a Denon AVR 1913. I hooked it up to my cable box with the red, yellow, white chords to the back of the receiver and hooked up my PS3 with an HDMI chord. I then took another HDMI chord and put it through the 'HDMI out' on the back of the receiver and then connected it to my TV. My wife and I live in a basement suite and I don't want my sound system to make too much noise and would like to use only the TV speakers sometimes, but I can't figure out how to play sound through the TV for my cable. Also the sound comes through only the TV speakers when I am using my PS3 and I don't know how to get it through the receiver..... Does anyone out there have any advice for this situation? - Andrew

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,632 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 01 2013 - 08:08 PM

Change the input on the TV. However, instead of the "yellow/red/white", use the optical so you can still have 5.1. You also apparently have "HDMI audio out" set to on. Turn it off.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,545 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted January 01 2013 - 08:48 PM

An analog source will not come through your HDMI cable to the TV, so you will also have to hook up the analog red-white-yellow cables to the TV as well. I'm assuming your cable box doesn't have HDMI?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,632 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 01 2013 - 08:53 PM

Paying attention to NIU/FSU I missread where I thought he also had HDMI cable box into the TV... The 1913(I thought) has HDMI upconversion...???

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 06:47 AM

Might not be a bad idea to upgrade to an HD cable box?
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users