What's new

I can't find how to listen just through my T.V (1 Viewer)

drewman54

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I have a new receiver which is a Denon AVR 1913. I hooked it up to my cable box with the red, yellow, white chords to the back of the receiver and hooked up my PS3 with an HDMI chord. I then took another HDMI chord and put it through the 'HDMI out' on the back of the receiver and then connected it to my TV. My wife and I live in a basement suite and I don't want my sound system to make too much noise and would like to use only the TV speakers sometimes, but I can't figure out how to play sound through the TV for my cable. Also the sound comes through only the TV speakers when I am using my PS3 and I don't know how to get it through the receiver..... Does anyone out there have any advice for this situation?
- Andrew

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Change the input on the TV.
However, instead of the "yellow/red/white", use the optical so you can still have 5.1.
You also apparently have "HDMI audio out" set to on. Turn it off.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
An analog source will not come through your HDMI cable to the TV, so you will also have to hook up the analog red-white-yellow cables to the TV as well. I'm assuming your cable box doesn't have HDMI?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Paying attention to NIU/FSU I missread where I thought he also had HDMI cable box into the TV...
The 1913(I thought) has HDMI upconversion...???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks