What's new

I never want to see or hear Wolf Blitzer again... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Let's start with the name... "Wolf"? What's with that?
But, okay, if that was his given name, fine.
But this CNN anchor is the dullest, most redundant and absolutely worst personality the network has. He is on hours and hours every day, and appears to be the cornerstone anchor of the network, but his delivery is droning monotone and boring as a door nail, Further, he is the prime instigator of the "fear factor" on CNN, roping viewers into watching his program by ratcheting up the anxiety Americans naturally feel about everything from terrorism to "fiscal cliff" to...well, name the latest national crisis. He and his so-called consultants and experts have made this country paranoid. I blame viewers, too, who are too short-sighted to see what is being done to them because they aren't willing to seek out corroborating information from genuine news sources, such as PBS and BBC. Blitzer and his cronies have turned CNN from a once-brilliant (true news) channel (remember Bernard Shaw and Peter Arnett and others o/f their ilk?) into something not far-removed from Fox. Lots of gossip and speculation, manipulative, uncorroborated information, unreliable news. Ted Turner, if he were dead, would be turning in his grave. Too bad that this network was squandered, considering it had unparalleled global reporter coverage and actually seemed to report hard news without compromise. Once.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mods - somehow I seem to have double posted this. Please delete on thread. Thanks, and Happy NY.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dick said:
I blame viewers, too, who are too short-sighted to see what is being done to them because they aren't willing to seek out corroborating information from genuine news sources, such as PBS and BBC.
I totally blame viewers. As wrongheaded as it is, news is a for-profit game. If people wanted more than garbage (my 'team' versus their 'team' political coverage, celebrity gossip and other things that have ruined American news), all media would do their job better or maybe even right. Most viewers don't want information. They only want something that backs up their already firmly established opinion and they also want to laugh at celebrities when they get arrested or are wearing an ugly dress or no underwear, etc. The media used to investigate things which would help keep people in power from abusing their position but thanks to the chase and capture of dwindling numbers of viewers with lowest common denominator crap, a massively important part of our society is eroding. There's no chance that a news outlet would look into something as complex and expensive as, say, Watergate in today's landscape and not having a defense like that is going to eventually become a big problem for all of us.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wolf Blitzer was the CNN face and voice for the Gulf War, 1991. I think this s where his fame comes from. But I've not watched him since then, and have no opinion anymore v

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
TravisR said:
I totally blame viewers. As wrongheaded as it is, news is a for-profit game. If people wanted more than garbage (my 'team' versus their 'team' political coverage, celebrity gossip and other things that have ruined American news), all media would do their job better or maybe even right. Most viewers don't want information. They only want something that backs up their already firmly established opinion and they also want to laugh at celebrities when they get arrested or are wearing an ugly dress or no underwear, etc. The media used to investigate things which would help keep people in power from abusing their position but thanks to the chase and capture of dwindling numbers of viewers with lowest common denominator crap, a massively important part of our society is eroding. There's no chance that a news outlet would look into something as complex and expensive as, say, Watergate in today's landscape and not having a defense like that is going to eventually become a big problem for all of us.
You nailed that one, Travis. So many political travesties have been overlooked for just that reason, and men in power have gotten away with (in some cases literally) murder. No more Nixon-type forced-resignations and certainly no more accountability requirements. There is apparently no more important issue to expose and freak out about in our country than Janet Jackson's nipple.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
Wolf Blitzer was the CNN face and voice for the Gulf War, 1991. I think this s where his fame comes from. But I've not watched him since then, and have no opinion anymore v
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also haven't watched him since, the guy is a jerk (would have used a much more colorful description, but don't want to be banned).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks