-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Acer Aspire 5735 not recognizing new battery

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,634 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted January 01 2013 - 06:46 AM

My OEM Acer AS07A31 10.8v battery is almost dead,so I got a replacement battery, not ACER brand that fits fine but my Aspire doesn't seem to recognize it is there. For some reason the old battery is rated at 10.8v, the new battery is rated at 11.1v with a higher maH rating. I checked Acer's website and I seem to have the latest BIOS for the Aspire as I read there was a problem with old BIOS versions and batteries but nothing,. I tried to remove the battery and plug in the AC Adaptor and hold the power button for 2 min+ to drain the motherboard charge but that didn't do anything. Going to call the company I got the battery from (techorbit via Amazon.com) to see what they have to say. Has anybody had the same problem with their Acer laptop, (running Vista 64bit), if so, let me know if you got a fix for it.. I can run the laptop w/o any battery by the AC Adaptor which I can summize is fine. Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users