What's new

Multiple Wii wifi connections? (1 Viewer)

Jeffreybomb

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Is it possible to run multiple Wii systems from the same WiFi connection? I'm wondering if I can use three TVs to play six-player Mariokart Wii by way of the friend match-up system in the game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There's no reason you can't hook multiple Wiis up to one Wifi connection. However, you cannot connect the Wiis to each other using the Wifi router. They will be playing against each other through the internet, even though they are all in the same room. You may experience some lag because you would have so many of them hooked up all at once to the same Wifi connection. It may be better to run on 2 consoles with 4 on one and 2 on the other.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depends on what your "router" is...
My home has a WNDR4500...it accepts up to 2000 devices. Three Wii, would simply be three devices. Each and every Wii(just like PS3 or Xbox) has its own "internet address".

Jeffreybomb

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
I was thinking that, but I was also thinking the opposite, being that I often play Worldwide and the connection is normally very good. I guess I'll test it out and see how it goes. I have a number of Mariokart fan friends. It would be fun to play that many people in one spot!

Users who are viewing this thread