Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeffreybomb

Jeffreybomb

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted December 31 2012 - 05:21 AM

Is it possible to run multiple Wii systems from the same WiFi connection? I'm wondering if I can use three TVs to play six-player Mariokart Wii by way of the friend match-up system in the game.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,145 posts

Posted December 31 2012 - 05:33 AM

There's no reason you can't hook multiple Wiis up to one Wifi connection. However, you cannot connect the Wiis to each other using the Wifi router. They will be playing against each other through the internet, even though they are all in the same room. You may experience some lag because you would have so many of them hooked up all at once to the same Wifi connection. It may be better to run on 2 consoles with 4 on one and 2 on the other.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 31 2012 - 05:45 AM

Depends on what your "router" is... My home has a WNDR4500...it accepts up to 2000 devices. Three Wii, would simply be three devices. Each and every Wii(just like PS3 or Xbox) has its own "internet address".

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeffreybomb

Jeffreybomb

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 08:33 AM

I was thinking that, but I was also thinking the opposite, being that I often play Worldwide and the connection is normally very good. I guess I'll test it out and see how it goes. I have a number of Mariokart fan friends. It would be fun to play that many people in one spot!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users