-

Photo
- - - - -

No Color Using Component Cable Connections?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   AllanP

AllanP

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just updated my "older" system by replacing the "S" video connections with new "component" connections, going from my Pioneer DVL-919 to the Marantz SR-18 and out to a 51" Samsung Plasma TV. Sound, clarity, etc. is all good but NO COLOR, just B&W! Can anyone advise what the problem may be? I am not an expert by any means so all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Of course, that's only MY opinion, I could be wrong!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,921 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 29 2012 - 10:23 AM

Have you changed it from RGB to YCrBr? It might be the other way... But...Component can carry both...but your display doesn't necessarily understand both...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   SonicSC

SonicSC

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 10:33 AM

It's easy to get those RCA cables plugged into the wrong spots. To start, make sure you've got the 3 video component cables (green, blue and red) going into the matching jacks, and nothing into the yellow composite jack. Then make sure you've selected the correct input - component - on your TV. I know that seems basic, but if that's all correct, let me know, and I'll see if I can't help further.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   SonicSC

SonicSC

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 10:34 AM

Sorry, I didn't see your reply before I posted mine. Sounds like we're both thinking the same thing.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   AllanP

AllanP

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hello all! Thanks for your replies. I did something I should have done 'initially' - I located the instruction manual for the DVL-919 and after "searching" I found out how to access the confusing "menu" to switch the output from "S" video to "component!" For sure, given current systems, this is not exactly a user friendly device and the instructions . . . well, you know! Anyway, I have color now. . . hooray! Now all I have to do is convert my Beta & VHS tapes to DVD and I'll be all set! :P
Of course, that's only MY opinion, I could be wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users