What's new

speakers with 4 connectors (1 Viewer)

szandor6911

Auditioning
Real Name
Dennis
I have a set of Carver 5.2 tower speakers that have four connection holes one set for the subwoofer and one set for the midrange and tweeters I am assuming. My question is how do I hook them up to an amp besides the Carver one as I just have the tower speakers? I have an RCA home theater reciever and I have a regular amp. Which one would be better to hook it up with?

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
I am assuming they are made to be "bi-amplified". My def tech towers have four sets also. However, mine have gold plates linking the posts. I believe you can connect the posts together "red to red" and "black to black" then run one set out to your receiver. I would always check with manufacture first to ensure there are no impedance issues. That RCA prolly won't hang long at 4 ohm loads. Someone else's here who bi-amps their gear may be able to help you in more detail. Good luck

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are the "links" still there(alluded to by BW above)?
If you wish to bi-amp those you(ideally) would have an external crossover feeding two different amps...
And no, I don't think the RCA is going to cut it.
Model numbers would help cause "RCA" could mean many things...
RCA(since the early 80s) audio has been nothing but ODM. Is yours from the era they were made by Mitsubishi? Is yours from the JVC era? Is yours from the Samsung era?
If your RCA is "pre-digital", it is more than likely Mitsubishi. (Mits dropped out of US market home audio about 2 years into Toslink. Also a lot of Mitsubishi "cheap" audio was farmed out to Goldstar...which Goldstar is now LG)
If it is digital, but before component, it is probably JVC. (JVC dropped out of the US market when Component came along)
If digital and component, it is Samsung.
And all this is me assuming you actually mean an "RCA AVR"...not a craptastic HTiB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks