Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

speakers with 4 connectors

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   szandor6911

szandor6911

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 05:01 PM

I have a set of Carver 5.2 tower speakers that have four connection holes one set for the subwoofer and one set for the midrange and tweeters I am assuming. My question is how do I hook them up to an amp besides the Carver one as I just have the tower speakers? I have an RCA home theater reciever and I have a regular amp. Which one would be better to hook it up with?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Brainwasher

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted December 28 2012 - 05:29 PM

I am assuming they are made to be "bi-amplified". My def tech towers have four sets also. However, mine have gold plates linking the posts. I believe you can connect the posts together "red to red" and "black to black" then run one set out to your receiver. I would always check with manufacture first to ensure there are no impedance issues. That RCA prolly won't hang long at 4 ohm loads. Someone else's here who bi-amps their gear may be able to help you in more detail. Good luck

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,191 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 29 2012 - 05:26 AM

Are the "links" still there(alluded to by BW above)? If you wish to bi-amp those you(ideally) would have an external crossover feeding two different amps... And no, I don't think the RCA is going to cut it. Model numbers would help cause "RCA" could mean many things... RCA(since the early 80s) audio has been nothing but ODM. Is yours from the era they were made by Mitsubishi? Is yours from the JVC era? Is yours from the Samsung era? If your RCA is "pre-digital", it is more than likely Mitsubishi. (Mits dropped out of US market home audio about 2 years into Toslink. Also a lot of Mitsubishi "cheap" audio was farmed out to Goldstar...which Goldstar is now LG) If it is digital, but before component, it is probably JVC. (JVC dropped out of the US market when Component came along) If digital and component, it is Samsung. And all this is me assuming you actually mean an "RCA AVR"...not a craptastic HTiB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users