What's new

New guy here from PA (1 Viewer)

pghdave

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been out of the A/V "game" for a while, but these forums reignited something . . . not sure if that's good or bad, but it's a bad thing for my wallet lol.
Looking to build up an entry level home theater. I'm not an audiophile, and don't make crazy money (CADD drafter is my full-time gig), so my spending is limited.
Been lurking around here for a few weeks, and so far have purchased:
* Jamo S426 5 piece speaker set after seeing a killer deal/free shipping on Amazon, and needing to replace my ten year old Kenwood HTIB surround speakers.
* Pioneer VSX-1022 replacing my four year old Harman Kardon AVR 154 (I still love this receiver, and will use it in a bedroom setup etc) but I needed more than the 30w/channel. Settled on the Pioneer after trying out the H/K AVR 1700 and being disappointed with the build quality. Best Buy also price matched it to Amazon's $250. Also, it's nice having the 7.1 option.
* 100 feet of 16 gauge MediaBridge speaker wire
* Ocelot Banana plugs
* My Kenwood HTIB sub is still kicking. Not the greatest, but it'll do until I save the funds to upgrade.
Everything should be here tomorrow, and will be temporarily set up in my bedroom. Staying with my parents to save money for a down payment on a house has it's limitations :( However, when looking for a place, I'm only going to consider properties with a potential for being converted into a home theater. I'm a DIY'er, and seeing some of these projects completed by you guys has me jealous with envy :P I love projects! Especially the planning phase, as well as saws, wood, drywall, lighting, everything lol. Can't wait until I can get into it.
Future things I'm interested in when I have room to build a home theater is a DIY screen, and Optoma HD20 projector.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi Dave, belated welcome to HTF! You've definitely come to the right place to build your home theater. And a lot of our members got started with a bedroom theater, too.
Again, welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks