Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How can I get the sound from Sony DAV DZ840 system while watching general cable channels in the TV sony EX720 ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Nafisa

Nafisa

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 06:01 AM

I have a sony EX720 connect with sony DAV DZ840 home theater system using HDMI cable. Now when I play movie from portable drive connected in the USB of DZ840 system, the sound system works fine. Now when I watch normal cable channel in the EX720 tv and set the DZ840 function to TV there is no sound coming from the home theater system. But If I turnoff the home theater then sounds coming from the TV. How can I get the sound from DZ840 system while watching general cable channels in the TV ?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 06:21 AM

You need to connect from the audio output (digital or analog) jacks on the tv to the corresponding input jacks on HT system. You'll then have to select that input on the HT and will probably have to disable the tv speakers via it's audio menu. Reading the manual for the HT system would be a good idea.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,455 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 27 2012 - 08:00 AM

Your HTiB(according to the one website I found with any decent info...) has analog and optical inputs. If you have a cable box, connect that directly to the HTiB(which will be in your Box' manual and in your HTiB manual)... If there is no box, connect the TV...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Nafisa

Nafisa

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 12:46 PM

The TV and the HT already connected with HDMI cable. So I'm not clear what else I need to connect here and also how can I disable the TV speaker system. Please let me know some more details. I'm new in this process. Thanks in advance

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,216 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 08:26 PM

The HDMI connection is allowing audio and video from the HT to the TV (direction is important). You need to get the audio from the TV to the HT. (If the TV and the HT supports "ARC" you don't need anything additional, but while the TV supports ARC, the HT doesn't appear to.) We're not getting good manuals over in the US (or at least I'm not), but Sam found that you can connect an optical cable, and the TV has an optical out. So get an optical cable and connect it to the TVs 'Digital Audio Out (Optical)' port and then to the HT. The TV manual didn't say how to turn off the speakers. There may be a set-up feature that does this, but if not you should be able to turn the TV down manually and just use the HT (the volume over the optical connection is not affected by the TV's volume control).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users