• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   andrewburner

andrewburner

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hey guys, Total novice here who just got a set of 6 B&W in-wall speakers dropped in my lap: 4x B&W CW 0086 (4" cone) 2x B&W BP 1705 (6"cone with tweeter) So...what do I have? A complete setup, or in need of some thing more? How best to arrange these around the room? Any suggestions for an appropriate amplification? Thank you so much. Andrew

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,928 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 26 2012 - 06:41 PM

So...what do I have? 6 pretty good in-wall speakers. A complete setup, or in need of some thing more? What do you want? Surround sound? 3 separate rooms of audio? How best to arrange these around the room? Layout of the room? Any suggestions for an appropriate amplification? What is your budget? What else do you plan on using?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   andrewburner

andrewburner

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for getting back. ' I would like to sett this up as a surround system in our 20'x20' family room I already have a Panasonic surround amp but maybe it is time to upgrade. I have an existing subwoofer that came with the Panasonic set (again,maybe time to kick it up notch?) I guess I need a center channel speaker of the same sort of quality? I need to sort out where these new speakers should go and what to get to make a complete surround setup. It would be great if I could do this for between $500 and $1000. Andrew

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,928 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 27 2012 - 03:14 AM

Your AVR should chime in anywhere around $300-$600, again, what sources do you have? NAS? Ipod/Ipad? Droid? Cassette deck? Turntable? PS3? Beta? Atari? LD? CED? BD? You might look at those speakers again, as I'm not coming up with a B&W BP/CW series of anything. But...B&W speakers aren't hard to find when it comes to centers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users