Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934) -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 of 22 AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 713 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted December 30 2013 - 10:37 PM

What a great night's viewing! I think the first version of 'The Man Who Knew Too Much' is far superior to the remake.

I have both too and am very happy with the quality on each. I'm used to a bit of 'flicker' on just about all my vintage B & W movies and am happy just to have them so wonderfully preserved. The quality of "M' in the German transfer RH wrote so positively about recently is absolutely astonishing - I just hope we one day see a copy of 'The Threepenny Opera' in similar quality.

• Osato likes this

#22 of 22 Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 1,813 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 05:15 PM

What a great night's viewing! I think the first version of 'The Man Who Knew Too Much' is far superior to the remake.

I have both too and am very happy with the quality on each. I'm used to a bit of 'flicker' on just about all my vintage B & W movies and am happy just to have them so wonderfully preserved. The quality of "M' in the German transfer RH wrote so positively about recently is absolutely astonishing - I just hope we one day see a copy of 'The Threepenny Opera' in similar quality.

Thanks for the post. So the flickering is not something that can or would be corrected?

I agree both films looked amazing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users