What's new

Django Unchained (Blu-ray) available for preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, its opening today on Christmas Day. Obviously, the studios have changed their policy in regard to preorder posting of home video products in regard to their new theatrical releases.

Crawdaddy

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/326281/django-unchained-blu-ray-available-for-preorder#post_4017353
Yes, its opening today on Christmas Day. Obviously, the studios have changed their policy in regard to preorder posting of home video products in regard to their new theatrical releases.

Crawdaddy

Django is a terrific piece of entertainment. Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz are superb, as are all the secondary players. Nice seeing some great faces in cameos from decades past.

Well worth seeing.

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Robert Harris /t/326281/django-unchained-blu-ray-available-for-preorder#post_4017374

Django is a terrific piece of entertainment. Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz are superb, as are all the secondary players. Nice seeing some great faces in cameos from decades past.

Well worth seeing.

RAH

For some people! I wouldn't recommend this film to my sister as it would easily offend her, but my brother would love this film. A very crowded Christmas crowd which took me by surprise and it seem like most of the audience enjoyed the dialogue and over-the-top violence.

Crawdaddy

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/326281/django-unchained-blu-ray-available-for-preorder#post_4017408

For some people! I wouldn't recommend this film to my sister as it would easily offend her, but my brother would love this film. A very crowded Christmas crowd which took me by surprise and it seem like most of the audience enjoyed the dialogue and over-the-top violence.

Crawdaddy

Agreed. Not for those offended by Tarantino style over-the-top violence.

RAH

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A very crowded Christmas crowd which took me by surprise and it seem like most of the audience enjoyed the dialogue and over-the-top violence.
Same for my viewing tonight at a packed auditorium. Lots of audience reaction (the favorable kind) to this film. I liked the film quite a bit but felt it lost a little something in the final act. The highlight of the film for me was Samuel L. Jackson who just dominated every scene in which he was featured. His extended reaction to meeting Django had the audience howling with laughter. (There was some very inappropriate language in this film. Big surprise.) Anyway, a solid, entertaining feature with some sobering content that is decidedly not for all viewers.
- Walter.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Great film. A fun time at the movies again. Tarantino is back.... It was great that he used the original theme over the credits from the 1966 original. The bloodiest gunfight ever put on film. It's over the top and not for everyone. Great cameos from alot of character actors. Jamie Fox " It's Django, The D is silent"..Franco Nero "I Know"...Yes he does.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
disctrip said:
Great film. A fun time at the movies again. Tarantino is back.... It was great that he used the original theme over the credits from the 1966 original. The bloodiest gunfight ever put on film. It's over the top and not for everyone. Great cameos from alot of character actors. Jamie Fox " It's Django, The D is silent"..Franco Nero "I Know"...Yes he does.
Have you not seen The Wild Bunch?
RAH

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
"The Wild Bunch" had a great gun battle at the end, but this film had a bloody "gunfight" confined to a house. That was what I was referring to.

Doug2000

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Sorry to bring back and old thread. Watched this movie for the first time couple days ago. Really enjoyed it. Wasn't a Tarantino fan back when this movie came out but have become a fan since through some of his more recent movies so thought I would go back and watch this. Had a great time.

Now that I have a dedicated HT room I can watch movies (like this) my family would never watch without bothering them. A HT advantage I hadn't considered.

I'm not sure what it is or how its accomplished but Tarantino movies have a unique "stylized" feel to them.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
An opposite opinion; I didn't care for the film at all, it just didn't work for me. I think the lead needed a more likable actor than Jamie Foxx, & Christoph Waltz, so good in Inglourious Basterds, came over as just so incredibly smug, & his suicidal outrage at Leonardo DiCaprio's character came over as a bit much seeing as how he makes his living by killing people in cold blood. Safe to say I didn't much like it, saw it once & gave away the Blu-ray to a charity shop. On the other hand, I love The Hateful Eight, it's about time I looked at that again

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
An opposite opinion; I didn't care for the film at all, it just didn't work for me. I think the lead needed a more likable actor than Jamie Foxx, & Christoph Waltz, so good in Inglourious Basterds, came over as just so incredibly smug, & his suicidal outrage at Leonardo DiCaprio's character came over as a bit much seeing as how he makes his living by killing people in cold blood. Safe to say I didn't much like it, saw it once & gave away the Blu-ray to a charity shop. On the other hand, I love The Hateful Eight, it's about time I looked at that again
H8 is a good film. It’s been quite a while since I’ve watched Django. I seem to remember it being unevenly paced, even more so than his other films (QT likes his quiet time in his films, then comes the memorable moments- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is a great example of this).
I definitely agree with what Walter posted about Samuel L Jackson being a highlight- loved the first shot of him- the distrusting scowl, and it was easy to predict his lines were going to be great. I‘ll have to give this one another look soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks