9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,952 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 01:56 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,646 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 25 2012 - 02:55 AM

Yes, its opening today on Christmas Day.  Obviously, the studios have changed their policy in regard to preorder posting of home video products in regard to their new theatrical releases.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,493 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

Yes, its opening today on Christmas Day.  Obviously, the studios have changed their policy in regard to preorder posting of home video products in regard to their new theatrical releases.

Crawdaddy

Django is a terrific piece of entertainment.  Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz are superb, as are all the secondary players.  Nice seeing some great faces in cameos from decades past.

Well worth seeing.

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,646 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 25 2012 - 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Harris 

Django is a terrific piece of entertainment.  Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz are superb, as are all the secondary players.  Nice seeing some great faces in cameos from decades past.

Well worth seeing.

RAH

For some people!  I wouldn't recommend this film to my sister as it would easily offend her, but my brother would love this film.  A very crowded Christmas crowd which took me by surprise and it seem like most of the audience enjoyed the dialogue and over-the-top violence.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,493 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

For some people!  I wouldn't recommend this film to my sister as it would easily offend her, but my brother would love this film.  A very crowded Christmas crowd which took me by surprise and it seem like most of the audience enjoyed the dialogue and over-the-top violence.

Crawdaddy

Agreed.  Not for those offended by Tarantino style over-the-top violence.

RAH

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,008 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 25 2012 - 02:57 PM

I was surprised by the very diverse crowd (in terms of age, race, gender) that I just saw it with and it seemed to play really well. And like RAH said, there's some fun cameos.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,743 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 05:45 PM

A very crowded Christmas crowd which took me by surprise and it seem like most of the audience enjoyed the dialogue and over-the-top violence.

Same for my viewing tonight at a packed auditorium. Lots of audience reaction (the favorable kind) to this film. I liked the film quite a bit but felt it lost a little something in the final act. The highlight of the film for me was Samuel L. Jackson who just dominated every scene in which he was featured. His extended reaction to meeting Django had the audience howling with laughter. (There was some very inappropriate language in this film. Big surprise.) Anyway, a solid, entertaining feature with some sobering content that is decidedly not for all viewers. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   disctrip

disctrip

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 10:39 AM

Great film. A fun time at the movies again. Tarantino is back.... It was great that he used the original theme over the credits from the 1966 original. The bloodiest gunfight ever put on film. It's over the top and not for everyone. Great cameos from alot of character actors. Jamie Fox " It's Django, The D is silent"..Franco Nero "I Know"...Yes he does.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,493 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 03:24 PM

Great film. A fun time at the movies again. Tarantino is back.... It was great that he used the original theme over the credits from the 1966 original. The bloodiest gunfight ever put on film. It's over the top and not for everyone. Great cameos from alot of character actors. Jamie Fox " It's Django, The D is silent"..Franco Nero "I Know"...Yes he does.

Have you not seen The Wild Bunch? RAH

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   disctrip

disctrip

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 02:05 AM

"The Wild Bunch" had a great gun battle at the end, but this film had a bloody "gunfight" confined to a house. That was what I was referring to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users