-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 Vic Pardo

Vic Pardo

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 07:27 AM

I caught the "China Mary" episode with Anna May Wong this past August and wrote about it on my blog, part of an irregular series I do on "Asian Stars in TV Westerns":

http://briandanacamp...mary/#more-1365

#22 of 24 Susan Nunes_329977

Susan Nunes_329977

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted May 24 2014 - 11:44 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question for those who are knowledgeable about this series.  I have been DVR-ing this show and watching it on playback.  I noticed that about the third or fourth season of this series, the producers did away with the Ken Darby Singers humming or singing the entire musical soundtrack for each episode.  Only the opening and closing credits have the singers anymore.  Does anybody know why they replaced the acapella soundtrack and replaced it with an instrumental soundtrack?

As far as I am concerned, I am glad they did it because it was extremely irritating and interfered with the enjoyment of the episodes.  A swarm of honeybees can carry a better tune.

#23 of 24 Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted May 25 2014 - 05:15 PM

Just guessing, but they probably did it for the exact reasons you stated.  Annoying, and a bit too archaic for the time.  Most of the other 50's westerns had tremendous musical themes, and they decided to do the same.

• Susan Nunes_329977 likes this
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#24 of 24 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,292 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 09:02 PM

I purchased a few sets of Wyatt Earp as I am very fascinated with the wild, wild est, especially Wyatt Earp. It would be nice to see more of this series released!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users