Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Definitive Technology BP-7001SC's compared to BP-8060's / 8080's

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 J_Morrison_1

J_Morrison_1

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hi... Does anyone out there have any first hand experience comparing the 7001sc's to the 8060 or 8080's. I haven't been able to listen to them side by side and would like some feedback from those who have. I have seen mixed reviews with some saying the older 7001's were superior and better built...others saying the imaging and transparency of the newer models is better. I already have a supercube reference sub so the bottom of the bottom end is covered. They are going into a large (22 x 32 w 12' ceilings) multipurpose HT / listening room ( see layout below) and will be used 50/50 for HT and critical listening. I mainly listen to classical and jazz. I can get either the 7001's or the 8060's for about the same price. I am also looking at the Gallo reference 3.5's and Monitor GX200's if anyone has any experience with those as well. I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users