What's new

no blu-ray video output (1 Viewer)

marsh714

Auditioning
Real Name
Marshall
I finished hooking u my HTIB a few hours ago..Everything works great except that I am not getting any video output to the TV from my blu-ray player. I can hear the sound of the blu-ray video but cannot see the picture. System is hooked up with 3 HDMI cables. One coming from the blu-ray to the back of the receiver, one coming from the cable box to the back of the receiver and one running from the receiver out port to the tv. When I have the receiver mode on Cable/Sat I can see and hear the picture just fine, however when I switch the receiver over to BD/DVD I only hear the sound with no picture...TV is on HDMI 1. If I switch over to VCR, I get a blue screen, or any of the other selections the screen is blue. But when I select the BD/DVD mode, the screen is black with only the sound of the blu-ray or dvd playing? Not sure why?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Model numbers of your stuff???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

marsh714

Auditioning
Real Name
Marshall
tv..Dynex 40L261A12
blu-ray Toshiba BDX2200KU
Receiver Onkyo AUX-290

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Is there firmware current on the BD player?
Have you turned on HDMI Output?
What resolution is it set on?
Is the BD player set 1080P/60hz or 1080P/24fps?

marsh714

Auditioning
Real Name
Marshall
at this point I cannot answer your questions because I honestly dont know....what I do know is that before I added the Onkyo, I was running the blu ray thru HDMI 2 on my tv and the cable box thru HDMI 1 and it worked fine....according to the instructions that was provided with the receiver I should be able to run 1 HDMI cable from the receivers HDMI output to the tv HDMI input. Then run the other HDMI cable from my blu ray into the receiver. according to what I read the HDMI cable will carry both the audio and video signal...unfortunately the only thing i'm getting is the audio signal when I am attempting to watch the blu ray....I get both the audio and video signal however when I'm watching the regular tv running a HDMI cable from the cable box into the receiver with the same output coming from the receiver to the TV.
The onkyo has four in HDMI slots labeled for Blu-ray/DVD, Cable/Sat, VCR, and Game(for Xbox,Playstation etc.)...and one output HDMI slot that runs from HDMI out to the HDMI 1 slot on the TV......

marsh714

Auditioning
Real Name
Marshall
oh and yes the HDMI output is turned on on the receiver, which shows the setup display on the TV screen!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm going to guess you didn't turn off and unplug the TV (or the BD player for that matter) before you unhooked the BD and hooked it up the the AVR.
Sounds like to me you need to establish a new handshake. If you don't allow the TV and BD to "forget" each other...they won't establish handshake with the AVR involved...
So...
Turn the TV, BD and AVR off.
Unplug all three from the wall(you need not mess with your cable box). You should also disconnect the HDMI for BD->AVR and AVR->TV at this time.
Wait about 15 minutes.
Reconnect those two HDMI.
Plug the AVR into the wall.
Plug the BD player into the wall
Plug the TV back into the wall.
Turn your AVR on.
Turn the BD player on.
Turn the TV on.
Welcome to HDMI, and all that explanation was in the manual for the AVR.

marsh714

Auditioning
Real Name
Marshall
Thanks man, it worked! Picture from the blu-ray was jumping in and out, but I turned off the blu-ray again and waited a few minutes. Seems to work just fine now. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks