Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

BVHE Press Release: Wreck-It Ralph (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,579 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 06:50 AM

GOLDEN GLOBE® NOMINATED FOR

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM

Marking aDisney first, Wreck-It Ralph Released with an Early Debut of the

HD Digital and HD Digital 3D Versions - Available for Purchase on February 12, 2013

Followed by the Blu-ray™Combo Pack, Blu-ray 3D™, DVD, SD Digital and

On-DemandDebuts March 5, 2013

Burbank, Calif., January 3, 2013 – Walt Disney Animation Studios announces the debut of the hit arcade-game-hopping adventure “Wreck-It Ralph” marking a Disney first with the early release of the HD Digital and HD Digital 3D on February 12, 2013, followed by the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand release on March 5, 2013.

From Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Wreck-It Ralph” takes viewers on a hilarious journey.  For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up withsome unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman).    The film is directed by Emmy®-winner Rich Moore.

Featuring an all-star voice cast including Jack McBrayer as the voice of Fix It Felix, Jr. and Jane Lynch as the voice of Sgt. Calhoun, plus breakthrough bonus features that take viewers even deeper into the world of video games, Disney’s “Wreck-It Ralph” has something for every player. Over an hour of all-new bonus material is featured on the Digital and Blu-ray Combo Pack, including deleted and alternate scenes, the theatrical short “Paperman,” plus much more.

The home entertainment debut of “Wreck-It Ralph” will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the fun-filled movie experience.

Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:

HD Digital

SD Digital

4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack  (Blu-ray +DVD)

Includes:

·       Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.

·       Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.

·       Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film - Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.

·       “Paperman” – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?

Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials

Includes:

·       DisneyIntermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.

Suggested Retail                                         4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack Prices:                                                          (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)

$49.99 US and $56.99 Canada                                                             

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack 

(Blu-ray +DVD)

$39.99 US and $46.99 Canada

DVD

$29.99 US and $35.99 Canada

Digital and On-Demand
                                                                        Consumers should check with their television provider or preferred digital retailer for pricing and additional information

Feature Run Time:                                      Approximately 101 minutes

Rating:                                                         Feature Film: “PG” in U.S. and Canada

“Paperman”: “G”

Additional Bonus Features Not Rated

Aspect Ratio:                                             Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.39:1 1080p High Definition

DVD Feature Film Film = 2.39:1 – Enhanced for 16x9 Televisions

Audio:                                                          Blu-ray 3D Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVD 2.0 Dolby Digital 

Blu-ray Feature Film = English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks 

DVD Feature Film = English 5.1 and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital; Spanish (U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks

Languages:                                                Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Feature Film = English SDH, French and Spanish Subtitles

DVD Feature Film = English SDH; Spanish(U.S. Only) and French (Canada Only) Subtitles

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,843 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 23 2012 - 08:59 AM

Done.

March is looking to be expensive...

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,579 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 03:59 AM

Updated with official press release

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,595 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 03 2013 - 04:04 AM

We saw this movie in 3D when we visited Disney in October, and it was one of the real highlights of the trip. I thought the movie was Disney Animation's closest quality match yet to the best of Pixar (and that includes Tangled).

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,600 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:33 PM

Also was there during the HTF meet and saw it at Disney. Paperman was a pure delight. I'm very curious to try out, DisneyIntermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” Chris Hardwick is a great nerd.

all-banner.jpg

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   MomOfTwins

MomOfTwins

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 05:58 AM

Here are some deleted scenes from Wreck it Ralph.  They will be on the upcoming 3/5 Blu-ray release:

"Ralph And Dunderson In Prison" Deleted Scene

"X-Treme E-Z Livin' 2" Deleted Scene

#7 of 13 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,263 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted February 16 2013 - 08:58 AM

I loved the film at the Disney studios, loved it again at the local AMC, and I'm happily adding the 3D Blu-ray to the Disney shelf.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,072 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted February 16 2013 - 10:49 AM

I loved the film at the Disney studios, loved it again at the local AMC, and I'm happily adding the 3D Blu-ray to the Disney shelf.

Hadn't heard anything about this one until now. How's the 3D? Chas., Perhaps you'd consider bringing this one along with you for us to watch at the next party? :cool:

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,579 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 10:57 AM

Reed,

The 3D is very good.  Nice sense of depth.

No pop-outs, though.  Not that any of the studios really care about that kind of thing.  Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,400 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 18 2013 - 06:40 AM

Was there an Amazon coupon with this and I missed it?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   mstgator

mstgator

Agent

• 25 posts
  • LocationSafety Harbor, FL

Posted February 18 2013 - 10:47 AM

There was a $5 Amazon coupon for the Ultimate Collector's Edition when I pre-ordered it just before Christmas. Not sure how long it was active.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 07 2013 - 02:23 AM

I posted an interview we did with producer Clark Spenser here: http://www.hometheat...-wreck-it-ralph  There is also a pretty funny "documentary" about the Fix It Félix Jr video game.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,575 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 07 2013 - 02:41 AM

Curse you, Ron Epstein! I think you just cost me $8.

For once, I'm taking a step back here as I found the need to look at a film like this from an entirely different perspective. Wreck-It-Ralph succeeds at being one of the very best 3D animated films because of the way the extra dimensionality breathes new life into its worlds to the point where you find yourself so engrossed in the story, that you totally forget that you are wearing eyewear. The Disney animation team must have gone completely amok, letting their imaginations run wild, as they created the world of Sugar Rush with its vines of laughing taffy, pools of exploding mementos and tree branches made of candy cane. As the camera shifts the viewer through and above this land filled with confections, it's truly an awe-inspiring experience thanks to the added level of depth which adds a sensational amount of realism to what is being viewed. I couldn't help but think how less involving this movie would be for me if I were watching it in 2D. For that reason alone, I rank Wreck-It-Ralph as the best animated 3D experience I have enjoyed to date.

Incidentally, I love the way you spelled "amok" correctly. :)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users