Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can you switch between two email accounts without shutting down your browser?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,312 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 12:31 PM

Using IE9, Windows 7 and Hotmail/Outlook email accounts. My personal MSN account I've had for about ten years and my university account at school. Once I open one account, I'm stuck, even when I close it. Click Hotmail and it opens right back to that account. The account doesn't really close, it's still running in the background. The only way out is to shut down IE9, closing all browser windows and open it back up, then I get a fresh logon screen and can go to my second email account. Is there a hidden way to shut off this "feature" so I can close MSN and get to my university account without closing everything and starting from scratch?
Stan

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Lars Larsen

Lars Larsen

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted December 26 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi Stan, There should be a "Sign out" or "Log out" button/link somewhere. That ought to take you back to the login screen without having to shut everything down.
Yamaha RX-V765, DALI Ikon 2 Mk 2, SVS SB12-Plus, Sonos, Synology 209j, PS3, Antec Fusion HTPC 500GB, MediaPortal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users