What's new

Hi all, thanks for the invite (1 Viewer)

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
Hi everyone, my name is Luke and I love everything about home theater. I first started in the days of VHS, and Betamax. I have a super 7 channel 2D theater right now, but I am moving to Southern California where I am starting my 120 inch 3D theater. I installed home theaters for a while, and would love to help out anytime.
Again,
Thanks
Luke

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome to HTF, Luke! I started with VHS, too. Graduated to laserdisc, DVD, HD-DVD, and blu-ray. Started with stereo, then Dolby ProLogic, then Dolby Digital, then DTS, then THX Ultra 2 with all the bells and whistles. I have maxed out at a 73-inch 3D DLP.
Tell us about your theater, and what is going into your new one!

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Luke
Thanks for the welcome Steve. And merry Christmas. I have an Epsom 3010 projector, 120 inch fantom screen, definitive cls2300 center, 7004 towers, supercube 2, and four pro800s. I currently have a Yamaha RX-Z7, which is not 3D, hdmi 1.4, nor is it 4k. I am currently looking for a nice receiver. The Onkyo 818 is down to 679 dollars. Very tempting, however I have only owned Yamaha for a very long time. Very hard decision. Help!!! The projector is replacing a Samsung 8500 55"

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've heard good things about Onkyo. My big rig upstairs is a Denon 5803, which was their flagship receiver when it was first released. My downstairs rig is an old Yamaha DSP-A1, and it is on its way out because it won't stay on. So I'll be replacing that with a basic 5.1 receiver of some sort next year. Something that handles Airplay would be nice.
Merry Christmas to you!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome! I just put my 120" screen in and am looking at the 3010's replacement, the 3020, or more likely it's big brother, the 5020. Pretty sure I need the shift capability on the 50!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Without the shift functions you need to move the projector around to get it to match up with the screen. With shift you get to move a little joystick around on the front (or top!) of the box that moves a set of mirrors and/or prisms in the light path that shift the image so that your PJ doesn't have to physically move to line up with the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks