-

Photo

TCFHE Press Release: Life of Pi (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,575 posts

Posted December 21 2012 - 06:49 AM

4bf1bc92_lifeofpi2.jpeg

FROM OSCAR® WINNER ANG LEE* COMES A VISUALLY SPECTACULAR
CINEMATIC ADVENTURE FOR THE AGES

lifeofpi1.jpg

The Inspirational Epic Journey, Nominated for 11 Academy Awards® Including Best Picture and Best Director, Arrives on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and DVD March 12

Experience the Stunning Cinematography on Blu-ray 3D With Over Two Hours of Bonus Material Including Deleted Scenes, Making Of Featurettes, Inspirational Artwork and More

LOS ANGELES, CA. (Jan, 29, 2013) – Believe the unbelievable. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment presents a groundbreaking cinematic experience you will have to see to believe when LIFE OF PI debuts on stunning Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD from March 8 internationally and on March 12 in North America. Based on the acclaimed best-selling novel from Yann Martel that has been published in 40 languages, and brought to life by visionary Academy Award winning director Ang Lee (Brokeback MountainCrouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), this magical adventure of hope, wonder, survival, and the power of the human spirit has been celebrated by critics all over the world.

A “magnificent and moving” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) motion picture event that has been hailed as “a masterpiece” (Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times), taking in over $500 million in worldwide box office.  LIFE OF PI follows Pi Patel, a young man on a fateful voyage who, after a spectacular disaster, is marooned on a lifeboat with the only other survivor, a fearsome 450 lb Bengal Tiger named Richard Parker. Hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery Pi and his majestic companion make an amazing and unexpected connection.

With incredible cinematography from Oscar nominee Claudio Miranda** (The Curious Case of Benjamin ButtonTron: Legacy) and masterful performances from newcomer Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan (The Amazing Spider-ManSlumdog Millionaire), Rafe Spall (PrometheusAnonymous) and Gerard Depardieu (Paris, je t’aimeCity of Ghosts), the LIFE OF PI Blu-ray 3D is loaded with over two hours of behind-the-scenes special features, including deleted scenes that will make you rethink the story (also presented in 3D), five featurettes that dive into the making of the visual spectacle, 60 pieces of inspirational artwork, storyboards and more. Prebook is February 13.

*2006, Best Achievement in Directing, Brokeback Mountain
**2013, Best Achievement in Cinematography, Life of Pi; **2009, Best Achievement in Cinematography, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

LIFE OF PI 3-Disc BD3D/BD/Ultraviolet/DVD & DC
        Disc 1: Blu-ray
                Film
                Documentary: A Remarkable Vision (19:35 min)
                Documentary: A Filmmaker's Epic Journey (63:29 min)
                Documentary: Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright ( 8:35min)
                Stills: Gallery
                      Art by Joanna Bush
                      Art by Haan Lee
                      Art by Dawn Masi
                      Art by Alexis Rockman
                Stills: Storyboards
        Disc 2: DVD & Digital Copy (Film only)
        Disc 3: Blu-ray 3D
                3D Film
                3D/2D Deleted Scenes:
                      Anandi's Second Dance
                      Time to Grow Up
                      Happy Birthday
                      Did I Say Something Wrong?
                      Darkness
                3D/2D VFX Progressions:
                      Tsimstum Sinking
                      The Wave Tank

LIFE OF PI 2-Disc BD/Ultraviolet/DVD & DC Combo
        Disc 1: Blu-ray
                Film
                Documentary: Remarkable Vision (20 min)
                Documentary: Epic Journey (60 min)
                Documentary: Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright (5 min)
                Stills: Gallery
                      Art by Joanna Bush
                      Art by Haan Lee
                      Art by Dawn Masi
                      Art by Alexis Rockman
                Stills: Storyboards
        Disc 2: DVD & Digital Copy (Film only)

ABOUT TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film, a News Corporation company. Representing over 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions as well as all third party distribution partners on DVD, Blu-ray™, Digital Copy, Digital HD™, and VOD (video-on-demand). Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 36 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,487 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted December 21 2012 - 07:39 AM

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago. It's going to be a fun 3D and sound experience, as it was in the theater.

#3 of 36 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,083 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 21 2012 - 09:42 AM

I laughed, I cried, I ordered
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 36 mikeyhitchfan

mikeyhitchfan

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa CA

Posted January 04 2013 - 04:30 AM

One of the best things I saw in 2012. OK, technically I went 01/01/13..but anyway..awesome film.

#5 of 36 Jeff F.

Jeff F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 162 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 04:56 AM

One of the best uses of 3D I've seen in a film since Avatar.

#6 of 36 Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 07:50 AM

New,revised cover for 3D Bluray and Bluray [added] ** images removed by request** Images can be found on Fox's website (foxconnect) as well as on Blu-ray.com and yet they don't want ANYONE to post them. I guess they forgot thoses two sites that I just mentioned.

#7 of 36 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,487 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 06 2013 - 08:15 AM

I liked the original cover better...it was based on the movie poster.

#8 of 36 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,083 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 08:24 AM

Terrible cover
facebook.com/whotony

#9 of 36 Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand

Screenwriter

• 1,254 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 12:44 PM

Very confusing new slip-cover with no mention of a Blu-ray 3D disc on the front, just the spine. :confused::td: The initial cover looked much better and specified a Blu-ray 3D addition on the front.:tu: Paul
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

#10 of 36 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 02:14 PM

The film looked stunning from a visual standpoint. Although, the only reference I have seen is the trailer. I wasn't able to see it in a theater. The only thing that concerns me is that it is directed by Ang Lee. So far, I haven't been to0 impressed with him from a storytelling perspective. His HULK film was like the visual equivalent of Chinese water torture, but this film looks so good from the point of view of cinematography that I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#11 of 36 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,487 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 06 2013 - 02:32 PM

Ang Lee turned a movie that many people thought unfilmable into a coherent whole. Life of Pi worked well. But it was filmed in 3D and really needs to be seen on a big screen in 3D to appreciate it.

#12 of 36 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 02:50 PM

I would have liked to have seen it in a theater, but I'll have to settle for watching it on my 65" set in 3D. It won't be quite the same, but I have to admit that I actually prefer watching 3D films on Blu-ray. Theatrical viewings are okay but the 3D always seems to look better to me when the film is on BD. Frankly, I think the theater where I see 3D films does not do the best job possible when it comes to presentation. It also doesn't help when you have to listen to oafs laughing at inappropriate times and providing unwanted running commentary like they did when I went to see The Hobbit: AUJ. You'd think that at 13:50 a pop, a person would want to actually see and hear what they have paid for but apparently there are a lot of people out there that must be made of money and don't care.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#13 of 36 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,083 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 03:08 PM

Seeing Ang Lee is director makes me want to see a movie. Two of my favorite movies are The Ice Storm and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
facebook.com/whotony

#14 of 36 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,487 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 06 2013 - 03:09 PM

Brokeback Mountain was not too shabby either.

#15 of 36 Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,574 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 04:26 PM

Seeing Ang Lee is director makes me want to see a movie. Two of my favorite movies are The Ice Storm and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

I forgot that he directed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. That one wasn't too bad. The Ice Storm and BrokeBack Mountain, I haven't seen. Both of those consist of subject matter that I have no interest in.

#16 of 36 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,247 posts

Posted January 07 2013 - 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill 

I liked the original cover better...it was based on the movie poster.

I love that Pi is posed the exact same way on both covers, but on different parts of the boat. Posted Image

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#17 of 36 Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted January 14 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm curious about something for anyone who has seen the movie (I'm saving the experience for Blu-ray). I've heard that Life of Pi transitions through 4 different aspect ratios: 1.33:1, 1.85:1, 2.00:1 and 2.35:1. What was the native aspect ratio in the theater, meaning were there black bars on the sides during the 1.85 scenes or black bars on the top and bottom during the 2.35:1 scenes? I hope the Blu-ray replicates whatever was done theatrically.

#18 of 36 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,083 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:17 PM

I don't remember all of that. I do remember at least one switch to 133.1
facebook.com/whotony

#19 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,785 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 15 2013 - 12:09 AM

I don't remember all of that. I do remember at least one switch to 133.1

That's all that I remember too but maybe the multiple changes were in IMAX?

#20 of 36 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,270 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted January 15 2013 - 12:26 AM

Discussed here by projectionists

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users